The Initiation of Sarah - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

The Initiation of Sarah Reviews

October 15, 2016
The script of this version is much better written than the 1978 original version. The changes they made making Mrs Hunter into a PhD with a more positive influence makes a huge difference in making it a better film. Although this is more gruesome than the original version. All in all, I enjoyed it.
November 7, 2014
A TV movie about dueling sorority houses which are more than meet the eye. One is the good while the other is evil, and their outward appearances are deceiving. Overly dramatic acting on all parts, especially by Morgan Fairchild. The life of The One is on the line, but just WHO is The One? Basically, who cares?
½ January 19, 2014
Not bad for a TV movie. Mika Boorem and Jennifer Tilly did a great job with their roles.
April 12, 2013
Very Buffy-esque with its juxtaposition of humor and the supernatural. It could have been deeper, but for a made for TV, ABC Family production, I was pretty impressed.
February 10, 2013
cute movie, but written on a very childish level
July 25, 2012
Really bad. One of the worst movies I've watched on Lifetime.
June 12, 2012
seen it liked it found it interesting
May 28, 2012
For a made for tv movie, it was pretty decent. Terrible special effects. Jennifer Tilly and Morgan Fairchild get on my last nerve. But... the movie was watchable and somewhat enjoyable too.
April 22, 2012
This was pretty weird yet good. It had it's own touch of danger and creep. And it's setting itself was scary.
April 22, 2012
PERFECT HALLOWEEN MOVIE
March 6, 2012
Well, I didn't have very high expectations for this one, but neither did I expect the overload of genre cheesiness that was served to me. With its simplistic plot, mediocre acting and low budget special effects, "The Initiation of Sarah" has more in common with an average episode of "Bewitched than full-length movie. Watch it only if C-rated horror movies which wouldn't scare a kitten are your guilty pleasure.
½ February 1, 2012
Ok, so despie the awful ending, it wasn't that bad of a TV movie. I didn't know it was a tv movie at first but as watching theres really no way you can't tell. So, keep in mind that it is a TV movie if your gonna watch.
½ November 17, 2011
I really think that it needed more of well anything.
½ April 23, 2011
A good and well made TV film, I thought the two leads Mika Boorem and Summer Glau were both really good, and it had a cool story too. It kind of reminded of Buffy at times, without the vampires, with a little bit of The Craft thrown in there too. The special effects weren't the greatest in the world, probably because of the TV budget, but it didn't bother me at all. Recommended for sure, especially if you like films about witches, and all the girls were insanely hot too! 3.5/5
½ March 16, 2011
This movie isn't all that bad for a made for tv movie. The plot was unbelievable but not that awful. The special effects needed a lot of improvement.
January 10, 2011
If I were going to rate this movie on a scale of seriousness, I'd place it a step above Sabrina The Teenage Witch and a step below Buffy The Vampire Slayer. It's not meant to be taken seriously and it's definitely geared toward a teen audience, but for the most part I found it entertaining.
December 14, 2010
Aside for the terrible soundtrack and, let's face it, shitty screenwriting, there's actually some half-decent performances in The Initiation of Sarah and a kind of kitschy storyline that makes it enjoyable. It's good, for a TV special, which is good enough for me.
November 28, 2010
October 30, 2010
it's a drama-horror of all time.
September 23, 2010
seriously, it's not hard to make a better movie. it cannot be.