Little Women - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Little Women Reviews

April 1, 2012
I thought it was better then Christian Bale and Riders adaption with keeping within the budget they had.. Shatner played a good Professor and they included Frank Vaughn. It does look and feel like 70's TV but they did a great job with what they had then.
December 17, 2009
This movie wasn't as good as the version with Christian Bale and Winona Ryder but it was still pretty good. It definitely got a few tears out of me.
½ December 22, 2008
I love it! This is my all-time favorite version of the story- perhaps because I really like all the men (excluding Mr. March; who looks to young to be married to McGuire). I love Garson as Aunt March! But my real favorite is Amy. This is the best Amy I have ever seen! She is likable as both young and old and does the character without pouting or being too goody-goody when she's old. Beth and Jo were good enough and McGuire would have been perfect for the part if they hadn't drowned her in make-up.
jjnxn
½ November 23, 2008
Adequate retelling of the story but its TV origins are obvious, the winter outdoor scenes are especially clearly sets, and the leading actresses performances are only okay, the real performances to watch are old pros McGuire, Young and particularly Greer Garson whose vinegary portrait of old Aunt March is a delight.
October 9, 2008
It's okay, but the previous and 90's versions are much better.
½ August 30, 2008
not the best not even close