Scenes of a Sexual Nature - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Scenes of a Sexual Nature Reviews

May 6, 2015
If only the conversations between the park goers are half as interesting and provoking as the title suggests.
December 8, 2013
Charming little vignette style film. Smart writing, and Tom Hardy's bum!
March 2, 2013
I wanted this to be good. I did. But it was just not there at all.
SarahTheMovieLover
February 26, 2013
Full review to come later (maybe)...

What did this movie teach me? Things aren't always what they appear to be.
December 30, 2012
The feature debut of TV director Ed Blum, (The Bill and Take the Mike), this ensemble piece was done for a meagre £260,000. Which director Blum joked was "less than Love Actually 's catering budget". Most of the cast did their scenes for next to nothing, because they were excited about the project, and it shows. It's a slight piece, some bits work better than others, but it's enjoyable. Set on a sunny day on Hampstead Heath, it has Jamie (Andrew Lincoln) and Molly (Holly Aird) sunbathing, talking about life, but Jamie is distracted by French girl Sophie (Eglantine Rembauville). Older couple Iris (Eileen Atkins) and Eddie (Benjamin Whitrow) meet on a park bench and talk about life. Disturbed woman Anna (Sophie Okonedo) is pestered by nuisance Noel (Tom Hardy). Gay couple Billy (Ewan McGregor) and Brian (Douglas Hodge) talk about gay relations, while separated man and wife Peter Brian Maxwell (Adrian Lester) and Sara Louise Williams (Catherine Tate) rekindle their love. There's something charming about it all, and it does make for an entertaining collection of interconnecting short films. The cast, also including Mark Strong, Polly Walker, Gina McKee and Hugh Bonneville, all give good, gently funny performances.
December 4, 2012
Hilarious, sweet, touching, heart-warming, heart-breaking, and everything in between.
½ October 24, 2012
A genuine attempt to shoot a low-budget film with big name stars in a short period of time and what's more, all done in my old backyard Hampstead Heath too!
½ August 8, 2012
I liked how economical this film was. All of the couples met at the same park and it tied the stories together...although I think the links could have been stronger between each pairing. A lot of loose ends were created and didnt go anywhere.
½ July 27, 2012
I liked it. It sort of played like the sexually charged version of Paris j'taime. A lot of good actors doing what they do best.
½ July 26, 2012
Mahhhhvelous. And cheeky. And for the record, Thursday's are much better than Wednesday's.
June 22, 2012
If you liked "Love, Actually," you will probably like this look at the different conversations between different couples that take place in the same park.
½ June 9, 2012
it had it's moments. a mess of interesting little vignettes, that are loosely linked.
½ June 3, 2012
A film that lacks any narrative/story and literally has no plot. Scenes of a Sexual Nature is well acted but poorly directed, failing to execute it's good cast. The film failed to go anywhere and seemed like a waste of time as barely anything happened over the course of 90 minutes. The film's somewhat likeable but I probably won't ever watch it again.
April 30, 2012
Nice movie, nothing that will change your life. Just a short and enjoyable movie. You don't NEED to watch it, but if you do you won't be disappointed
½ March 6, 2012
I really enjoyed this one. It takes place one afternoon in a park, and all the relationships in the park, old, new and strange. Definitely held my interest.
February 17, 2012
It was alright, but you sort of walked away feeling like you wasted your time. In the small glimpses into the relationships and interactions of seven different couples, there is only exhibition, no determination. After the initial scene between Noel & Anna, which is both touching and hilarious, there's really nothing else to stick around for.
February 3, 2012
I was doubtful about this movie, since the package instructed one to watch it "with a date." That I did not do and was cynical about it being a chick flick. It is not. The movie consists of a number of scenes addressing modern-day love and relationships. Most of these situations are bizarre, but it wouldn't have been so interesting if they were "normal" or had happy endings.

Some of the encounters involve: a horny man hitting on a "vulnerable" woman, two gay men discussing having a baby & monogamy, and two older people who reconnect after about 50 years of marriage - to other people.

The dialog was really good. Little heightened in spots, but I could see this being very effective as a stage play, if it isn't already.
½ January 12, 2012
Middle class people chatting. A small scene with Ewan McGregor earns an extra point for this boring film.
November 27, 2011
although each individual story wasn't boring per say, it will struggle to engage the audience to really care for any of the characters and will therefore they are likely to lose interest quickly. it does have a few quirky scenes that are mildly amusing but as a whole the film is a bit dull.
½ November 26, 2011
a quite nice movie with some laughs.....but you don't have to watch it more than once.... I really liked the "male only" park *g*