Billy the Kid Reviews

• Nov 30, 2012

My new favorite coming of age movie

My new favorite coming of age movie

• Jun 18, 2011

Very honest documentary film which I enjoyed watching. Be sure to watch the bonus materials on the DVD to learn about the backstory to this film.

• Apr 02, 2011

I needed a shot of tequila after watching this movie. It is incredible, but if you can sit through it without being as uncomfortable as you've ever been in your life, you're a stronger person than I am. WATCH HIS EYES. I don't think I've ever seen such an up-front kid, unafraid to express what's really going on inside himself. Only in the bonus materials do we learn what's "wrong" with him. Although, I'd argue there's nothing at all wrong with him. If more kids were like him, high school would not be such a cluster f--k experience. I hope there's a follow up, so we can see how Billy grows up.

• Cita W Super Reviewer
    Nov 11, 2010

it's basically a documentary about a 15 yrs old teenage kid. but there's more than just that. It captures the real life situation that most teenager have to face.

• Oct 17, 2010

If you have not seen this documentary, you must! Watch it for free on hulu.com.

If you have not seen this documentary, you must! Watch it for free on hulu.com.

• Jul 26, 2010

So many scenes in this movie are squirm inducingly awkward. Its a nice little slice of life but at the end of the day it isn't really anything special or outstanding.

• Jul 06, 2010

This movie was great. It is a great slice of life film of a kid who is struggling in school grow up with his disability. Beautifully captured moments of first love, new friends and growing up. Billy, your one awesome dude.

• Jun 20, 2010

"do teenagers always bite the heads off their elders?"

"do teenagers always bite the heads off their elders?"

• Jan 10, 2010

A documentary by Jennifer Venditti about a teenage boy in Maine who is "different" than most and his struggles in daily life in not so much as fitting in but simply being accepted. We can all see there is something more than emotional pain going on with Billy here, but the film-maker never gives up why. I think the why was needed, but perhaps not. That remains a each of our personal takes on this. If you want to know the "why" though she did add that card to special features.

• Nov 16, 2009

VERDICT: 7/10 Wallflowers A fascinating and often uncomfortable look into one very unique kid’s life and the condition he struggles with. - Read the rest of my review at ctcmr.com -