Americanizing Shelley - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Americanizing Shelley Reviews

½ June 1, 2008
So predictable that I wouldnt have even had to watch the entire movie. I could've watched the first twenty minutes and i still would've known what would happen...
½ May 25, 2008
i absolutely lovvved this movie!!! it was amaaaazing! cute, sweet, and hilarious! lovvved it! :D

"All white people sound the same to me" lolll

it's very much like 'she's all that' but with that indian aspect...
April 24, 2008
Great film to watch, bags of laughter.
Bend it like Beckham style!
But without the football.
½ April 23, 2008
A silly, stupid and superficial movie.
April 14, 2008
Funny and a half, with a bit of romance...
½ April 13, 2008
Watchable flick on the line of My Fair Lady...Namrata Singh Gujral wrote and acted in the lead role... I suppose if no one in Tinseltown is going to write a lead role for an Indian(non Native) American- one had better take the matter into one's own hands...(..c/f My Fat Greek Wedding)...Luckily She is lovable but unconvincing as an Indian mountain girl....but the digs at the Indian culture save the film..... a shame she did not come to America to be a CEO...Oh well...a simple mountain girl can only dream of getting her man!!!!
April 10, 2008
this is such a fun film. unusual and entertaining. namrata singh gujral is absolutely gorgeous. it was a fun way t o spend an afternoon.
April 8, 2008
Utter Crap... Bollywood meets Hollywood. Destroys both in process
½ April 4, 2008
very good, not great but okay,I did not like it, it did not make any sence, she became an american women got the guy,the other guy, but that is besides the point. got the guy got the clothes, wheres the loyaty
½ April 4, 2008
You could be a good writer but not necessarily a good actor. Namrta Singh has got to learn that. The film is pretty ordinary. a tried and tested storyline of bollywood has been used for Hollywood but with least impact. only a few gigging moments courtesy the black guy. Watch it if you have nothing else available.
March 25, 2008
This was barely watchable, and terribly insulting to all participants. Ended up watching last 45 minutes at 8x speed on the DVD and even then it seemed interminable. Don't let the concept fool you, this movie bites.
½ February 25, 2008
Too long and extremely predictable.
½ February 18, 2008
very interesting, mixing cultures... but wht's with the dancing 'round the tree? lol she turns out to be a pretty lady tho and losing the funny accent is a good idea lol
½ February 18, 2008
Quite entertaining! Starts off a bit slow in the beginning but gets funnier and funnier as it goes along!
½ February 17, 2008
Not the worst thing I've ever seen, but the worst thing I've seen recently.
February 10, 2008
The funniest American indian film I've seen in a long time.
February 8, 2008
I think this was supposed to be funny, just ended up coming out rather dull
February 7, 2008
love romanic comdey should be a good movie.
½ February 6, 2008
I totally adored this combination of Bollywood and Americanized film.
February 6, 2008
It's an easy to watch movie, no strong scenes, no bad language, just a plain romantic comedy!!!