The Deal - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

The Deal Reviews

February 20, 2009
Simply one of the best political stories - it has almost everything. Fiction and non-fiction is mixed in an utmost interesting blend.
½ February 15, 2009
Well crafted television docudrama about the rise of Tony Blair and New Labour at the hands of Gordon Brown.
½ January 30, 2009
An interesting docu-drama look at the rise of Blair! The DVD box says it's a prequel to The Queen (it has the same writer, director, and star) and I think it's really funny to think of The Queen as an action franchise (I'm waiting for Queen 2: Queen Harder!) This is a very well acted and written film, and it's short, so yay!
½ January 8, 2009
And Tony Blair came to power. Sheen was better playing Blair in The Queen though.
November 2, 2008
An entertaining precursor to THE QUEEN.
½ October 3, 2008
A well acted British political drama. A little slow-paced for my liking, but an interesting story nonetheless.
September 2, 2008
Brand new drama probing the enduring, complex and often tense relationship between Tony Blair and Gordon Brown - an affiliation which stands at the heart of the Labour party and which forms one of the most significant political partnerships of recent years.
August 17, 2008
I really interesting look at the internal politics of the UK and very helpful insight for Americans. The acting was also superb.
August 16, 2008
pretty dull and boring, but i wasn't a huge fan of "the queen" either. acting was ok, and stephen frears is undeniably a great director
August 12, 2008
I just love political dramas.
July 20, 2008
Strongly acted and directed, with a sharp script by Peter Morgan, "The Deal" is one of the few movies I wish had been longer. Essential viewing for anyone who likes "The Queen."
July 6, 2008
Sadly,I totally understand Gordon Brown...
July 1, 2008
A fascinating insight into one of the most famous run ups to an election in british history. Both Morrisey and Sheen are excellent at capturing the personalities of Brown and Blair without caricaturing. The Direction is also excellent. A must see.
June 5, 2008
an interesting view of the troubles the labor party went through in the 80's. If the Tories hadn't self destructed who knows if Labor would have ever gotten ahead.
May 24, 2008
Really good story. michael sheen is tony blair hes amazing!!!!!!
½ December 17, 2007
Veldig interessant innblikk i nyere britisk historie, for en anglofil som meg. Historien er fortalt godt og drivende.
December 3, 2007
fascinating glimpse into british politics for those of us who weren't really watching much BBC in the early 90s.
November 30, 2007
I think this film captured the infighting fairly well. And I thought Michael Sheen did great in The Queen... superb.