Over Her Dead Body - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Over Her Dead Body Reviews

December 7, 2013
Could have been so much better. I liked Eva L. in the movie. Everything else was awkward.
November 11, 2013
a movie you can only watch an airplane, which is what i did. meh
½ October 4, 2013
Its not funny, & its just painful to watch
September 6, 2013
A almost fun watch with some wit, but not enough comedy or heart, or a decent script to elevate it.
July 28, 2013
I don't think I'd like it as much if it wasn't Eva Longoria, but still a great film
½ June 4, 2013
Grade: C-

It's another silly Hollywood rom-com story. Although Paul Rudd and Lake Bell are likeable in this, the story is a bit crap. Paul Rudd's character Henry loose his fiancee, Kate (Eva Longoria) in a freak accident (getting hit by a statue of an angel, how ironic). Kate then comes back to haunt and scare of Henry's new love interest, clairvoyant Ashley (Lake Bell). It really hard to emphasize with a dead person whose a total bitch and just reminds you of one of the bitchy girls you hated at school. I understand the point of moving on and letting go, but we're hardly faced with a scenario of a dead lover warning other people off us. Kate seemed like a bitch in real life too so I was kind of glad Henry got shot of her.

The film was entertaining enough and watcheable, but there wasn't much chemistry between Rudd and Bell and it's kind of freaky of the idea of a ghost watching your every move and spying on you when you get intimate with your boyfriend. It was kind of like a catfight, but one of the women being dead. It wasn't an awful film; I don't rate chick-flicks that low as they're entertaining enough to watch when there's nothing else on and if you want to watch something light. They're pretty much harmless even if they are a bit trashy and forgettable.
April 10, 2013
this movie was really funny
April 5, 2013
another romantic comedy.... hmm.... totally cliche...and eva longoria?? she best sticks to desperate housewives...after 'the sentinel', i don't think that i'd ever want to watch her movie ever again.
March 28, 2013
kayaknya ni film romantis abs deh... mow dong.
½ March 23, 2013
Very Very funny, i really liked it! Original jokes at least, which makes a change
March 19, 2013
Meh...nothing amazing...nice though.
March 4, 2013
Obnoxious Eva Longoria dies on her wedding day when an ice sculpture of an angel (without wings) falls on her off the back of a truck and kills her. She is then tries to ruin the relationship of her ex-boyfriend with his new girlfriend, a psychic who can see her.

Obvious unoriginal movie wouldn't be bad in a clichéd sort of way, except that Longoria's character is hateful and obnoxious that she drains all of the fun out of the film. Its like having your ears cleaned with sandpaper. To be fair Longoria, nor anyone else in the cast or crew, isn't the problem, its the god awful script that sinks the proceedings. Its just really really stupid.
February 18, 2013
Moral of the story don't be a BRIDEZILLA, or you will be crushed to death by your angel ice-sculpture on your wedding day. Soon-to-be-Brides heed this warning!!
½ February 1, 2013
parts of it was pretty funny.
½ January 25, 2013
Very few laughes were presented in this film starring our favourite Housewive Eva Longoria. It has got a terrible storyline, so conventional and basically a rip off of Just Like Heaven.
January 22, 2013
Ugh. I was 100% against this until I saw Paul Rudd is in it. Now I'll see it, eventually, even though I don't want to.
½ January 20, 2013
Actually not bad it all, geat cast, great story and a very watchable movie, Paul Rudd good as always but still not very funny like he was in some movies before, but this movie, as I said before, is tottaly entartaining and funny, not the best comedy ever, but it's very recommended.
½ January 17, 2013
Funny and not gross.
January 13, 2013
We were too lazy to change channel... There were a couple of laughs, literally.
January 5, 2013
Critics may see this film as pure garbage, I found it to be funny and romantic, just as I hoped for when seeing the preview.