Dangerous Crossing Reviews

• Jun 08, 2020

Fox really mastered the film noir genre in the 50's, and "Dangerous Crossing" is an example of that. The setting is on a cruise ship instead of the typical back alley, sketchy part of the city atmosphere for film-noirs. Honestly the movie has a very unusual creepy, eerie vibe as the sanity of the young bride (Jeanne Crain) is constantly being threatened. There isn't too much mystery involved in the film; personally I was able to figure out the ending pretty quickly.

• Mar 26, 2017

ONLY saw part on late nite tv 3-2017 but fell asleep.

ONLY saw part on late nite tv 3-2017 but fell asleep.

• Apr 13, 2016

Great story line, but, there was 1 glaring mistake given when the maid was seen in the room. Also, the horrendous acting by the lead lady Ms. Crain. Worst acting I've ever seen. Rennie's acting was fine. This movie should be re-made with proper direction and an adequate leading lady and it would be a hit.

• Sep 21, 2015

a fair to good mystery noir film drama good noir lighting and acting Jean Crain and Michael Rennie make this movie fun to watch.

• Jan 01, 2015

Still slowly but surely filling in my Film Noir viewing with little thrillers like this off the To-Watch Pile. Builds a decent amount of tension, just because it leaves you doubting what you've seen yourself after no one on this ship can corroborate the young bride's story. Worth a rental.

• Sep 08, 2013

Nice Drama and kept my attention to the end.

Nice Drama and kept my attention to the end.

• Red L Super Reviewer
    Aug 26, 2013

I like mysteries - even 1953 B&W ones. Current mysteries have a bit more suspense though.

• Jun 24, 2013

Nicely done shipboard mystery, with good plot and actors.

Nicely done shipboard mystery, with good plot and actors.

• Apr 21, 2013

A very solid gaslighting. Surprised I hadn't heard more about it. Could've used more focus on why the gaslighting was happening, but still well worth watching.

• Jun 17, 2012

A neat little 'B' noir--a little foggy magic!!

A neat little 'B' noir--a little foggy magic!!