Experiment - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Experiment Reviews

June 26, 2015
A very suspenseful thriller, right until last last minutes.
March 12, 2012
Monday, March 12, 2012

(2005) Experiment

(Spoiler warning)
Straight to rental and almost plotless movie involving an experiment involving a couple of amnesiacs programmed and brainwashed to kill one another, except that the male counterpart's memory is coming back as he goes through much of the whole movie piecing his life together, his so-called wife is unfortunately is not as lucky! If you can go through a film with alot of overacting screaming and hollering, particularly from the females point of view, this film is for you, otherwise it's a waste of time for others who have to sit still and watch it. I have to admit, I used a fast forward button while playing much of it and still be able to make out what was going on, not that I care in the first place. Possible influences are "A Clockwork Orange", "Eagle Eye" and "Total Recall", with the only difference is that this one is low budget.

October 17, 2011
12 June 2011

I watched this expecting it to get better but it never did.
½ May 17, 2011
could it be any more boring?
October 18, 2009
The plot actually is quite interesting, but it would've been better served by a more experienced director.
August 22, 2009
"Things are going too fast" opines one character repeatedly, but alas for us, he is sadly mistaken.

The experiment in "Experiment" involves two amnesiacs, a man and a woman, who awake on the streets of Prague. A group of miscellaneously-accented Europeans monitor and control them with computer equipment that looks like it was recycled from War Games, directing them towards one another, subjecting them to noises in their heads, and controlling the people and events around them, rather like a poor-man's Eagle Eye.

The primary problem with the film is not that it is a "bad" movie, but that it is an utterly unengaging movie. We frankly do not care about the amnesiacs, their tormentors, or indeed what the mysterious experiment actually is. The amnesiacs mostly stumble about, struggle to speak, and manifest none of the normal behaviors that one might expect under the circumstances (e.g., seek medical help). The experimenters trade stock dialogue which reveals nothing, and more importantly, fails to interest the viewer in what is not being revealed.

Imparting the desire to know is the essential ingredient for success in a film of this style - Experiment, then, is a bland dish, without taste, texture, or style.
April 24, 2009
if i personaly wanted to kill a politician, i would hire someone to do it for me.
Too much fuzz about a subject that is more complicated. Even Van Damme did it better and was more persuative.
Poor acting, poor script.
June 22, 2008
Not a bad movie, but LONG~ snore!
May 17, 2008
I will not be watching this again but the sci fi amnesia is great.
February 23, 2008
Cold and uninvolving, it fails to convince. The performers try, and do a good job acting, but with the material they had to work with it doesn't much matter. Far fetched and generally stupid.