Deal - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Deal Reviews

October 21, 2014
I'm a fan of poker movies and I go easy on them I liked it it was cheesy it was predictable but it was fun and the poker scenes were decent some of them were good an overall decent film
Grade B
March 5, 2014
Deal lacks the pace and charm of Rounders, which is a superior sports film. Deal looks and feels low budget which works against it. If it were a poker hand i'd fold no second guessing.
November 11, 2013
Oh joy of joys, the annual poker film has arrived, and yes ladies and gentlemen, it doesn't disappoint - it really is as bad as you all expect. I expect it, you expect it, the cast expects it - the whole world expects it. And despite the coolest man on the planet, Burt Reynolds, doing his absolute damndest to save this tripe, he can't do it.

So old Burt is a former professional poker player, who stopped when his wife asked him not to play. So when he finds Alex Silverman, he thinks he's found the player he can teach and win money through. But they quickly become poker enemies and end up taking each other on, blah blah blah.

The ending is pure filth, the inclusion of Jennifer Tilly should be outlawed, and the only thing that saves this from utter disgrace is the inclusion of Mike Sexton and Vince Van Patten, the commentators.

So if you do want to watch Deal, here's what I would do. The film lasts 87 minutes. The official trailer lasts 2 minutes 30 seconds. Watch the trailer 35 times. At least you'll be left with the believe that the film is a fantastic piece of work with a superb soundtrack.
September 2, 2013
shallow poker movie...
½ May 21, 2013
It's called Deal. It's a movie about Texas Hold'em. Big surprise. The movie was good, I suppose. It didn't suck anyway. I liked the ending, it was predictable - but it was the ending I wanted so all was right with the world. ;)
January 29, 2013
I watched it recently, not too bad of a film ultimately. "Deal" stars Burt Reynolds as a retired poker player who sees a young player with potential. He trains him but they fall out with one another though they do reconcile. The film takes them into tournament play and they are the last two playing,

Reynolds wins but later we find out that the young guy may've thrown the win to help his former mentor out. There is a poker tutorial included in the special features. 10/10
January 14, 2013
Entertaining yet without much content.
April 25, 2012
Alex is a hot shot poker player with the talent but no experience,until Tommy Vinson a once great poker player comes out of retirement to tutor him in the ways of not only poker but in life itself..Seem familiar? Thats because this is basically just The Color of Money with Texas Hold "em instead of poker..still Burt Reynolds is pretty good playing a role so many have done before him.
April 8, 2012
This wasn't too shabby, kinda reminded me of "21" Ending was predictable.
February 5, 2012
Picked it up in a bargain bin. Should have put it down. Predictable. Poorly written. The poker tips in the additional features selection will bankrupt you. Terrible movie.
½ December 18, 2011
Another poker movie with Burt Reynolds as a couch and Bret Harrison as a young promising player. Burt Reynolds is nice to look at. The plot is very predictable, except for a nice unexpected turn in the end if you have patience to see it. Generally, nothing special.
½ September 17, 2011
ink un film cu poker
½ January 24, 2011
It is the "21" of the poor. Poor acting, poor storyline and poor character development.
½ January 10, 2011
Not a good movie. The final match has a bit of adrenaline, but nothing more.
December 15, 2010
The most compelling aspect of the movie is it highlights just how big major poker tournaments have become over the years.
October 11, 2010
another film produced by Rich Iott, the Tea Party idiot who likes to dress like a Nazi
½ September 11, 2010
If you're going to copy an ending, don't copy a lame ending.
½ August 25, 2010
A mentor movie about cards starring Burt Reynolds seemed pretty un-interesting, but I thought I'd give it a go.

The plot is really obvious, most watchers will be able to work everything out within the first few scenes.

Burt makes a convincing mentor, but the lead is a bit irritating, as most students are in these types of films.

The predictable plot will mean this doesn't rate that highly for most people, but maybe folks who have a strong interest in cards will like it more.
August 20, 2010
good story.. One time watchable.
I do have a blind interest for all the movies related to Cards, Teen patti , Poker , Casino , money and all
July 29, 2010