Hachimitsu to Clover (Honey & Clover) - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Hachimitsu to Clover (Honey & Clover) Reviews

March 3, 2012
Nice gentle movie about the lives and loves of 5 art students at university. Yu Aoi is sweet as Hagu but what's the deal with the fuzzy cat?
½ January 28, 2012
It was a pretty movie. It stays close to the original anime in terms of characterisation and the feel. Loved it.
October 8, 2011
ahhh sho was so good in this!
its was funny and sad and weird at the same time! very good movie
½ October 11, 2010
(*** 1/2): Thumbs Up

A very good coming of age film. Likeable characters and good direction.
July 27, 2010
nice i love movies and anime like this
July 9, 2010
it's youth and it's life
½ June 6, 2010
another japan movie with great casts and story to watch!
February 17, 2010
"Honey & Clover" is a gentle look into the lives of 5 art school friends who struggle with love and identity. The film tends to focus most on Takemoto's (played by Sho Sakurai of "Kisarazu Cat's Eye" fame) new found love for the awkwardly beautiful Hagu (Yû Aoi). The supporting characters are likeable and there are pretty moments sprinkled throughout. The film ultimately suffers a bit from the transition from a long series (haven't seen the anime yet) into a short form film but, remains a sweet simple film otherwise.
November 12, 2009
i want to watch this!
November 7, 2009
I haven't watch this yet... but I do the anime series. it's a good story. makes me think.. ah.. humans are like this when they don't know the purpose of their existence...
½ September 14, 2009
I love camerawork and imagery in the movie. Awesomely done!
½ August 18, 2009
have seen it. love it!
½ August 8, 2009
A stylish film following five friends, but I believe the only person holding this film together was Yû Aoi. She provided us with a glimpse at a shy artistic individual with a positive outlook on life.
July 24, 2009
i love this movie..all about art
½ June 17, 2009
Friendship, college life, romance.... it was a really heart-warming series between the five students, and yeap~ they are art students too, which is closer to my own world. ^-^
May 23, 2009
Love-full, smart anime. You gonna like it!
½ May 11, 2009
A small, cute movie about a group of college students. I think it successfully fits the expansive story into a coherent 90-minute movie. I feel nostalgic and uplifted after watching this movie.
April 13, 2009
luv dis movie...
art wif style..
luv n care...
complete..
February 19, 2009
this movie is too small to show everything.
it was poor, the leading actors were great
but the scenario was really bad.
I prefer the tv drama.
January 8, 2009
Beautiful movie. Beautiful music.