Step Brothers - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Step Brothers Reviews

May 19, 2018
One of my fav movies!!!! Hillarious!!!
½ May 16, 2018
One of Will Ferrell's best. The scenes where they are sleepwalking are some of the funniest scenes of any movie. Very Entertaining.
April 30, 2018
My favorite comedy ever. John C Reilly outshines Will Farrell.
½ April 27, 2018
Maybe it was my state of ming while watching it (extremely tired in the middle of moving) or maybe this is a gem. I loved the pairing of Ferrell and Reilly, who are at their best. Also, Mary Steenbergen is great and always a joy. Does what it says on the tin.
April 23, 2018
I texted my sister from the theater, and told her that if tied to a chair and forced to watch StepBrothers, it is better to gnaw off your own hand than to sit through this fillm.
April 5, 2018
So funny and entertaining! Can't believe how low the critic and audience scores are...
March 31, 2018
The little I saw I didn't care for.
½ March 27, 2018
Step brothers is one of the best Will Ferrell comedies, if you haven't seen it yet I highly recommend it to anyone who loves comedy.
March 16, 2018
One of the best comedies ever... until the last part of the movie which gets a little boring, but still well worth watching!
March 15, 2018
One of Ferrell's best comedies. John C. Reilly and Ferrell are hilarious and compliment each other perfectly. This film has some hilarious moments and is one of the most rewatchable of recent comedies.
March 2, 2018
I guess its just not my kind of thing. I found the story very generic, the characters felt kind of weak to me, and the immature almost insensitive style of comedy Is just not for me. Really the only scenes I legitimately enjoyed were actually the singing sequences.
½ February 28, 2018
Hilarious at moments and dull in others, but the energy of Will Ferrel and John C. Riley is worth at least the first half's viewing
February 19, 2018
Very disappointing entry from Adam McKay, who I typically think is fine, but really LOVE The Other Guys and The Big Short! Not that well directed, very choppy. The writing isn't very good, with a story that's barely there, but when it is, it's weak, and not enough laughs! (Barely any, actually, as a matter of fact!) This just seemed like the people involved's excuse to have a few jokes about adult step brothers that still act like, and seem like, kids. It's just pointless scenes strung together by a barely visible story that's not even that good, or that complex. I knew there was a reason why I saw it, but didn't remember much of it! Check out Talladega Nights, if you want to see Adam, Will, and John, together, in a halfway decent movie! But, all three of these people have done better work, whether they're together, or not, or in a random combination! But, if you want to check this out, you may not completely hate it, or at least not be completely mad that you saw it! Maybe you just want to see everything that one of these three people have done, or something else of that nature!
February 18, 2018
it was very funny
but at times stupid and annoying
not a very good movie
½ February 5, 2018
This movie is so funny, i love it!
January 26, 2018
A cinematic marvel. All movies should be this movie.
December 13, 2017
comedy perfection, the only comedy that had me feeling embarrassed though my teary laugh in the cinema watching these two bounce off one another as I try to catch my breath. Its funny all the through with a ridiculous coming of age ( a bit late) story the thrown together step-brothers are a plague to others around them yet deep down family is the key to jumping on board with the pair. the humor based on immaturity feeds the characters they are and helps remind ourselves of our own inner stupid kid again. If you dont lagh at this please go see someone for help.
November 29, 2017
Step Brothers is a hilarious documentation of two step brothers and their inappropriate, yet elaborate schemes that will bring you to tears form laughing. Brennan and Dale are two grown adults that still live at home with their parents and although they are in their forties, they still behave like teenagers. After their parents married they were forced to get along. It was challenging at first but once they found common interests like doing karate and watching shark week, the two became best friends. Once they became "brothers" Brennan and Dale would spend their time having fun and being themselves. Although this may have been great for them it annoyed their parents horribly. The two also shared a common habit of sleep walking, which they would rearrange the house and scatter food everywhere. Paired along with stealing and wrecking their dad's boat to film a music video, Brennan and Dale were forced to get jobs. After failing several job interviews Dale's dad lined up for them the parents were fed up with their kid's antics, so they got a divorce. After the divorce, Dale and Brennan were constantly arguing about who's fault it was and why they hated each other. After realizing they both drove their parents apart they devised a brilliant plan to get their parents back together. By coming together to perform a song at the Catalina Wine Mixer, Brennan and Dale combined their love of music to win the hearts of their parents.
November 29, 2017
Very funny movie. Not to be taken seriously. Great comedy acting.
½ November 27, 2017