Botched - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Botched Reviews

September 26, 2014
Goofy, gory, fun Irish horror comedy (that takes place in Russia). Silly fake Russian accents, inventive deaths, bizarre premise, and lots of blood make this one fun ride.
½ September 2, 2014
Alot of the humor in this is very hit or miss. But even if it is rather silly, I still enjoyed the movie for what it was. I think alot of people in the reviews here are way too harsh. Its not a bad movie by any means and its entertaining, but just not as good as I expected. Honestly I'd love to see more done in the hostage comedy thriller genre.
May 25, 2014
Why did I belive some of the good reviews? This movie is boring, wannabe funny and in no way entertaining. Liked the cast, but that was not able to safe this mess...
May 8, 2014
wicked fun and a true splatter-stick movie. If you expect high art look elsewhere. If you want to laugh yourself silly to a live-action scooby-doo chase this is the movie for you!
½ December 18, 2013
1.5/5 There is nothing about this movie that warrants ever watching it.
October 12, 2013
The novelty wore off halfway through for me, but I still found it rather entertaining. Never had me laughing but there were a few good moments I rather enjoyed.
September 1, 2013
I passed this movie up several times on cable before I decided to give it a watch. It was far out and funny. if your a horror genre fan and you like when a comedy makes fun of them with a little satire.
August 18, 2013
Does this really get better after the first 40 minutes? Please tell me, because I'd really like to give this a chance, but I'll need some convincing.
July 4, 2013
Botched yeah definitely
June 5, 2013
Quite possibly the WORST movie Stephen Dorff has ever done.
½ May 28, 2013
as the movie gets going each character becomes more bizare and hillarious. By the end i loved it, there were lots of funny characters, intense moments, comedy, and gore. Well done i enjoyed it!
May 27, 2013
Who would watch this crap? Seriously?
May 11, 2013
I had fun, and that's all I really hoped for.
April 30, 2013
I actually really enjoyed this one! I had no idea what to expect going into this (I suppose I was expecting some kind of Hostel film by looking at the cover) and was surprised with what I found. I genuinly laughed out loud at numerous points during the film. "Where are your pants?" "Where I left them" and the fart in the dark right after caused me to miss the next 5 minutes because of laughing so hard! It's not all perfect though. The plots silly and the Russian accents are terrible and several of the actors keep loosing them! But, I'd recomend this to anyone how fancies a laugh for an hour and a half as it's great fun!
April 27, 2013
Awful. Stupid. I'll never get that 32 minutes back. Surprised I watched that much.
April 16, 2013
Starts off like the worst movie you've ever seen in your life, but it's worth the sit through. The characters individual comedy is worthwhile. It's definitely a comedy above all other things, but also the horror is very evident. Expect extra cheese, and you might be happy you gave it a shot.
½ February 23, 2013
Starting out as a heist film this movie soon changes gears and becomes a splatter fest filled with gallons of blood and body parts, then morphs into a horror comedy. As a horror comedy it is nowhere near on a par with Shaun of the Dead but it was fun to watch. The storyline is adequate, the acting is good, the action is fast and pretty well done, the effects are okay, and the musical score is not intrusive but quite good. Good entertainment value if you like horror and aren't put off by the splatter.
February 9, 2013
It was funny nothing else in their.
January 28, 2013
An acquired taste - highly original and, once you get past what would normally be offensive violence, a delight.Botched is a cartoon in live action and right up there with the best of Bugs, Daffy, Elmer, Foghorn, Sam, Porky, Willie and the Roadrunner. It isn't Cine, American or European Noir or any other variety of serious movie. It is very successful as a silly romp through various chase/slasher/idiot victim conventions.Personally, I tripped over it one night while surfing and was initially disgusted by its senseless violence. Stuck with it for some reason and realized that it wasn't a serious movie, period. Once past the Serious Movie hurdle and through the Accept it on its own Terms door, I found it enormously entertaining precisely because of it's handling of all of those conventions. Basically, Bugs meets Leatherface. As an N.B., I hate slasher and idiot teenager movies and their descendants, which attitude well seasoned my enjoyment of Botched. Would also recommend Bound, Whisperer in the Darkness, Blood Simple, Wall-e and Tangled and The Mummy and Dunwich Horror (1974) and Farce of the Penguins and a coupla trainloads of other movies.
½ January 23, 2013
When a group of thieves are sent to a Russian penthouse to steal a golden cross, they soon find out that getting out is going to be a lot harder then getting in.

Caught this movie purely on a whim as it sounded quite fun, but I wasn't expecting anything special - but I must say that I was pleasantly surprised as this movie proved to be a little gem. The story starts off quite serious, but gets sillier and sillier as things go on, and there are a couple of sequences that made me laugh out loud. All the actors play their roles very, very well and a special thumbs up goes to Jamie Foreman who kept me giggling all the way through. The gore is plentiful with enough shootings and various limbs being chopped off to keep everyone happy. On the down side there was certain elements of the story that were a little bit thin and could have done with a bit of expansion and the end dis feel a little rushed. But all in all this is a great little movie with plenty of going on it that I would recommend that anyone watches, and I love the end title song by Red Elvises!!!!