Meat Loaf: In Search of Paradise - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Meat Loaf: In Search of Paradise Reviews

½ October 28, 2012
A fine Documentary film with some sentimental moments...
August 18, 2012
I'm a Meat Loaf fan. I tend to like rock opera for a reason I don't even know. I guess it's because a rock opera takes it's songs and makes them a story.
August 18, 2012
October 27, 2009
For all the opening piano moments, I thought this was going to delve a bit more into the person of meat loaf, instead I felt like they really wanted to focus on this tour, that no one really cares about... A bit of a disappointment.
September 23, 2009
Excelente documental que te deja con un poco de ganas de saber mas sobre la vida de Meat Loaf, pero que te demuestra la entraga que tiene y el sacrificio para dar un show.
August 21, 2009
Meatloaf is one of my favorite musicians, so this offers a interesting insight into this artists life. As movie though it falls FARRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR! Short of my expectations.
½ February 23, 2009
A little more depth would have been nice but Meat Loaf didn't really seem like he wanted the documentary crew around at all since he kept waving them away.
bigdaddydaryl
February 12, 2009
good movie,worth checking out if you like his music
½ September 7, 2008
Good for any Meat Loaf fan, I grew up with his music, this was an interesting documentary
½ June 5, 2008
Certainly a unique individual. It was really fascinating to see the "real" Meat Loaf in all his glory. A great artist and certainly a perfectionist. Nice cameo by Dennis Quaid, too! My only real issue with this DVD is that it could have been a little longer and this could be accomplished by showing more complete songs/performances. Otherwise well-done.
May 9, 2008
Not bad -- I really felt for Meat Loaf, the guy is overly hard on himself after each concert.
½ May 9, 2008
Meat Loaf is just as marvelous as ever.
A deeper look to what extend musicians do in order to please their audience; as many documentaries that portrait their obstacles, sickness, stress and their path or perfection. He takes criticism a bit too heart and tries to keep a balance. He also takes part in everything of the musical interaction, from music to lights and costumes and such; whereas artist leaves it up to people they hire. The stress gets to him and becomes angsty, but then again what artists doesn't when things go wrong? His music is as wonderful as ever. He still brings emotion through lyrics throughout and even at his age, is pretty damn good. Some lyrics or sections of a song, there's more to it, and he tries to convey that; to me it shows that there's still something of his past still plaguing him, still catching up to him. I don't mean the drugs or that sort that he did back then, I think it's when he grew up and from that time then. It never really goes away. Yes, the fans do take advantage of musicians and how much effort they put in everything (at least some musicians) and I don't think he realizes that there are some of us that do listen, to more than just the music and becoming a fan; there are those that listen to the music and the way he puts his heart into them, (check the latest Bat out of Hell concert) into songs that are not all innuendos, the one that seem to hold a deeper meaning. It helped some of us through hardships, weither he knows this or not. He's not happy with how the shows go, even when it goes right throughout, and he said that he still looking for that one good show, the one that will perhaps end his search of paradise.
I hope he finds it one day.
April 9, 2008
great movie! only $12 if you buy it at best buy this week in the music dvd section. Ahh, meat loaf is the greatest man walking this earth.
April 1, 2008
Excellent! If you love Meat Loaf, you will really enjoy learning about this man! It's a great movie to watch
March 31, 2008
This movie is a boring trainwreck. If you ever wanted to know about Meat Loaf's life the I guess someone better make another documentary, cause this tells you nothing about him.
March 13, 2008
A great documentary. Mostly catered towards Meat Loaf fans, but an excellent look into the life of a musician on the road, and the life of a man who puts everything into his music. Truely shows how musicians have to overcome obstacles like sickness, bad reviews and personal doubt while giving everything they can for the fans!