Ghosts of Girlfriends Past Reviews

• Jun 23, 2019

Critics suck.This movie is pretty ok its funny it stops with the humor when it's need too when it gets emotional and sh** but is entertaining.i give this a three and a half

• Mar 15, 2019

Coming from a director whose work I'm not a fan of, I wasn't particularly enthusiastic about watching this one, given that it's from the same guy who directed Mean Girls and Mr. Popper's Penguins, and you know it's not a good sign whenever Mean Girls is the best thing I've seen from this director so far. I'm not saying that I hated Mean Girls. In fact, I thought it was an OK, one-time watch movie, but Mr. Popper's Penguins on the other hand, was pretty bad. However, with Ghosts Of Girlfriends Past, director Mark Waters proves to me that he can make a movie that's even worse than Mr. Popper's Penguins. It is so far the worst thing I have seen from Mark Waters to date, and it deserves all the negative reviews it gets. I will never watch this movie (or any of the other movies I've seen from Mark Waters) ever again, especially not this one because this is a shining example of how terrible his directing skills are.

• Jan 22, 2019

I love this movie!!!!

I love this movie!!!!

• Dec 21, 2018

So...I guess this is sort of a Christmas movie because the plot is a romantic parody of A Christmas Carol and the characters are essentially modernized versions of the iconic characters from the story and even makes a few direct references to it. It's not hard to see why not a lot of people talk about this movie. The movie distracts you and your significant other for an hour and a half and then when it ends, we all move on with our lives. I liked the performances of Matthew McConaughey and Jennifer Garner. And I find the main character to be entertaining even before his character development. Not sure why we're supposed to agree with certain stuff regarding McConaughey when he's actually given a sympathetic backstory as to why he became a player and makes a good point about something that happened years ago that leads to third-act conflict. I didn't laugh out loud but I can't say I was bored by this movie either.

• Dec 07, 2018

Charming with a star studded cast.

Charming with a star studded cast.

• Jul 23, 2018

WELL,never understood the critics! ?? Seems like they are always on weed,s their thinking about movies is always so "high" ?? but it surely is a good and fun movie to watch. highly recommended.

• Jul 12, 2018

Connor Mead (Matthew McConaughey) is a famous photographer and confirmed womanizer. He takes a break from his playboy lifestyle to attend his brother Paul's wedding, where he becomes reacquainted with Jenny Perotti (Jennifer Garner), Connor's childhood friend and the only girl who's ever captured his heart. After Connor delivers a drunken speech at the rehearsal dinner where he says that love isn't real, he's met in the bathroom by the ghost of his uncle Wayne (Michael Douglas), a roué who taught Connor everything he knows about seducing women. Wayne informs Connor that, over the course of the evening, he will be visited by three ghosts who will lead him through his romantic past, present, and future. Has he learned anything from his life and can he change his attitude towards women? "Ghosts of Girlfriends Pasts" is based on the novel "A Christmas Carol in Prose", 1843, by Charles Dickens. "Ghosts of Girlfriends Past" features a wedding day and the day before, rather than the familiar Christmas and Christmas Eve from A Christmas Carol. The three ghosts share similar appearances with the original descriptions, and the film shares the traditional plot points from the book. I did like this upgraded version of the Dickens classic "A Christmas Carol" story. It´s funny and entertaining (yes, the predictability is high, but that´s ok) with a backdrop about love, regretting not making that right decision and the importance of family. I think the casting was solid with Matthew McConaughey, Jennifer Garner, Michael Douglas and Emma Stone in the leads. I reckon I was expecting something much more cringeworthy, but I was happy to see I was wrong on that note. "Ghosts of Girlfriends Pasts" is fine and as said entertaining.

• Aug 07, 2016

Matthew McConaughey goes mellow , still work !!! Kudos !

Matthew McConaughey goes mellow , still work !!! Kudos !

• Jul 18, 2016

Somehow I enjoyed this movie that was not at all made for me.

Somehow I enjoyed this movie that was not at all made for me.

• Jul 04, 2016

It's not that bad of a rom-com and the fact it has Michael Douglas and Matthew McConaughey, it makes the movie much better.