Numb Reviews

• Dec 22, 2018

I just loved because it's a deep story of a man in search of a solution to his disorder, and at the same time, has the lightness of a love so sweet and sincere. Matthew Perry is absurdly wonderful. I wanted to hold him and take him home, in many scenes.

• Aug 29, 2017

best film about depersonalization ever made! (so sad)

best film about depersonalization ever made! (so sad)

• Dec 29, 2016

An otherwise slow, cheesy little romantic drama the importance of which rests comfortably on two facts alone: In its core, it addresses depersonalization disorder, a haunting condition largely unheard of and rarely talked about -- and Matthew Perry's excellent, unChandler-like performance. Here, have my three and a half stars, "Numb". You've earned them.

• Oct 18, 2016

Enjoyable film and story. I could really relate to some of the issues in this film as I have been affected in similar ways since the accident.

• Aug 06, 2015

As far as mediocre romantic comedies go, at least this one had an interesting premise.

• Dec 25, 2014

Well the movie itself isn´t that great but its still worth something since it acually describes depersonalization pretty well.Its a living hell and it would be nice if the mojority off people acually know about it ive had it for like 2 years now, (this is not part off the review just a tip) ive had it for about 2 years and it has started too fade away now it only gets worst when I think about it or smoke weed and sometimes even alcohol. However its not permanent for most people. I had a friend that went from really social too a basement dweller because off this disorder but he recovered it like 6 months.

• Sep 14, 2014

Far better than expected in terms of both story and Matthew Perry.

Far better than expected in terms of both story and Matthew Perry.

• Mar 06, 2014

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Harris_Goldberg If you've experienced any of this you will,find the film funny & comforting.

• Jan 03, 2014

I think the best thing about this movie is the fact that Mathew Perry finally leaves his Friends character behind and does some real acting. He is a mess here and gives a pretty astounding performance as a chronically depressed screenwriter desperately trying to cure his condition after he finds the love of his life. 'Hudson' suffers from depersonalization disorder and tries a host of different therapists (Mary Steenburgen) and drugs in his quest to "feel" something other than anxiety. Its an okay movie with a few good or funny moments ("Chandler" dropping f-bombs and smoking a giant bong.) I enjoyed Lynn Collins as his girlfriend and they appeared to have some genuine chemistry together. There are hints of something darker and deeper in flashbacks to his childhood and his mother. 02.03.14

• Nov 30, 2013

By this point I've realized that I probably love any movie that has Matthew Perry in it, no matter how boring, lame or weird it may be. This is not the type of movie I usually like, but I seriously love it. And it's all because of Perry. It was kind of weird watching this though, knowing Perry had a drug problem.