The Take - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

The Take Reviews

March 11, 2016
Good story, well acted with a real time camera feel to it.
½ April 25, 2015
Amazing performances by all involved.
Robbanflix
January 2, 2015
Great drama movie along with some action scenes about a robbery. Takes place in the hoods of LA. Not quite big actors here but still some familar faces. The story and the performances are on high level so its a enjoyable flick from start til end. Worth seeing ,, enjoy.
November 4, 2014
Leguizamo is quite good in this rather confusing movie -- in parts the plot is slow, and then it moves way too quickly to make sense.
½ October 24, 2013
I dreaded watching this the only good part was the end
October 19, 2013
Moderately passable.
½ October 3, 2012
Good drama although the Latino stereotype it's something that independent films should use less. Just to made a change for instance.
June 25, 2011
Great blend of character study and action. Leguizamo!
March 27, 2011
Good LA noir film by the director of 'The Lincoln Lawyer."
January 2, 2011
This is a solid movie with surprising clarity from the actors involved. Tyrese was almost unrecognizable and played his character very well. I have new respect for John Leguizamo after seeing him in this role. A very believable storyline.
December 31, 2010
Loved every second of it
½ December 20, 2010
I enjoyed this movie. It doesn't rank as one of my top ten flicks, but it's more than just watchable. There's a lot of raw emotion in this movie, especially between Rosie Perez and John Leguizamo. The meltdown of their marriage is very believable. Also liked most of the music. This is just a nice, low budget drama that most people should be able to relate to.
December 19, 2010
damn good movie loved it!
November 7, 2010
It's got solid action scenes and drama and the acting is simply fantastic
October 3, 2010
It enhances as time goes by ... but not much...
August 28, 2010
Premise of the movie reads like a Steven Seagal special but it's not like that at all. Leguizamo usually picks interesting roles and this is no different as he plays a security guard who goes about his usual day and gets car jacked. The jacking then leads to horrible life changes and its here that Leguizamo pulls no punches and acts his socks off as his character recovers from the robbery. Its good to see Rosie Perez back playing a decent role as well. Not a bad low budget independant movie at all but the ending is lacklustre so be warned. Gibson is good as the one note baddie of the picture but isn't given anything of substance to do besides sneer and shoot a few bullets. The entire feel of the movie is like that of a home movie as the camera is so grainy in places but don't let that detract from what is a well acted but in my opinion a predictable movie. I've seen much worse.
½ August 14, 2010
When I first read the premise for this film, I thought I was looking at some kinda caper flick where a bunch of working class stiffs band together to get one over on their corporate employers. I got one part right: the film is about a violent hijacking, but the film focuses more on the tragic aftermath. People are murdered in cold blood, and those who walk away with their lives are damaged physically and psychically. I admire John Leguizamo for not just doing comedy, but for taking on more emotionally devastating roles. He and Rosie Perez brought a realness to their characters. It was like sitting in on a family destroyed by a random act of violence. I can't really critique Tyrese's performance, because his character felt so one-dimensional. All he brought to the table was the quintessential villain with no redeeming qualities. You don't really feel anything for him, and I don't know if that was the intent of the film or if Gibson needs to work on his depth. Either way: kudos to Leguizamo. Great performance.
½ August 14, 2010
½ August 10, 2010
Im not a fan of John Leguizamo so I didnt expect to like The Take at all but it turned out to be a pretty good movie
July 29, 2010
film sur la vengeance, et la folie qu'elle entraine chez Leguizamo. Quand la victime se fait pourchasser par la justice pour ensuite se retourner contre ses agresseurs. Parfois trop lent. Finale un peu baclee.