How to Train Your Dragon - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

How to Train Your Dragon Reviews

October 22, 2016
Didn't care for it back then, but looking back at it it's better than the first time I saw it, but is somehow not one of my personal favorites.
October 8, 2016
A joyous affair with a really cute dinosaur. Loved it.
October 6, 2016
Beautiful, touching, funny, and amazing animation! How To Train Your Dragon is very unforgettable that soars a cute story with an outstanding musical score!
October 4, 2016
With flowing animation, breathtaking visuals, amazing voice acting, and a story that will hypnotize you, How To Train Your Dragon is my favorite animated movie of the 21st century. It is different from the book in almost every conceivable way, but it's far better. I read the series as a child, and I can honestly say this movie is superior to its novel counterpart.
October 1, 2016
Brilliant and moving film for a kids flick.
½ September 25, 2016
How could i now know such a movie like this? Thr story is awesome for kids and adult.
September 21, 2016
Perfection in every sense of the word.
September 19, 2016
What makes this film even more impressive is that it is not similar to the books yet it is still rich in quality.
September 10, 2016
Beautiful In Every Sense of the World
August 31, 2016
Even though it's only 6 years old, it feels so nostalgic to watch the first film. Maybe it's because it combines some of the best elements of childhood favorites with an added boost of action.
August 22, 2016
Enthralled by majestic 3Dness! One of DreamWorks' best!
August 21, 2016
How to Train your Dragon is a perfect animated movie. It will make you want to cry, it will make you laugh and it will often keep you at the edge of your seat. Whether it is it's exhilarating action sequences or it's heartwarming and powerful moments, DreamWorks has constructed a polished, detailed and spectacular animated film with a strong cast of characters, jaw-dropping animation, a beautiful score and an outstanding voice cast. A must see gem in the animated film realm.
August 21, 2016
August 11, 2016
Movie love. Terrific, as is HTTYD2. And the flying scenes are beautifully aviation realistic - this observation from a pilot.
August 4, 2016
This film is amazing and it,s got good GGI
July 30, 2016
The best film on Dreamworks Animation's behalf. Well animated, well composed and well paced. It is truly spectacular.
July 18, 2016
It is so good that I do not know how to describe. It is for sure the very best thing DreamWorks has ever released. It has the highest ratings of any movie I have ever seen. In fact the franchise became so big to DreamWorks that this is the only ones to have a website of its own name rather than going for a sub directory of DreamWorks. Did not regret spending time watching this at all. The part where Hiccup introduces Astrid watering in the flames really gained her impression throughout. Astrid's classical action and lines to Hiccup where she punches him and strikes/kisses him is also memorable. The romantic sky is so beautiful that you will never forget. Toothless is extremely cute. It is such a nice thing to add Astrid into this movie or else I doubt the movie will get at most 75% of this achievement. I feel like in the end I am not watching this series for Hiccup, but for Toothless and Astrid.
½ July 16, 2016
This is great, just great. And I'm not saying that sarcastically! This rocks
July 14, 2016
I absolutely adore this film. I fell head over heels for it. I love the characters. I love the animation. I love the comedy, the drama, the musical score, everything. The emotions are very genuine and the relationship between Hiccup and Toothless is very poignant and very touching. Yes, the story is predictable with many been-done elements, but the way the story is executed and how well-paced it is makes those elements work very well. One thing Dreamworks is good at doing is casting and it clearly shows here. I loved every performance. The way the dragons work is kind of confusing, but how cool the dragons are more than make up for it. The film is, in my opinion, practically perfect. It's my most favorite Dreamworks film next to it's sequel. It's an absolutely stunning, funny, heartwarming, surprisingly intense, action-packed adventure that both kids and adults can enjoy. It's straight up wonderful
½ July 2, 2016
stunning animation thanks to Roger Deakins. It's essentially a story about coming of age and being different at its core.