Fanaa - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Fanaa Reviews

August 11, 2016
Touched deeply. Broken. Disturbed. May not heal for days.
June 5, 2016
Fanaa is a magnificent movie, powered by a strong story and powerful performances by every actor.
July 16, 2014
Didn't like it at all
½ February 3, 2014
This movie feels like two entirely different stories. The first half is focused on the couple as they fall in love. The characters are a blind girl and a tour guide with a laid back personality. Then everything changes and the girl can now see and she has a little boy. The friendly tour guide, believed to be dead, is now a broody, injured soldier. Just when things start to fall back into place for this couple the tragic ending rips them apart yet again.
½ January 2, 2014
I love kajol...this wasnt my favorite of her movies but it was decent.
November 1, 2013
Watched it just now... Awesome and must watch especially for the ones who know our desi language! Really a must watch
½ April 27, 2013
It was almost like watching a Yash Chopra romance only there was no Yash Chopra and no SRK...
½ February 22, 2013
The sheer exuberant star power of this movie's early scenes of romance and lip-syncing among the national monuments is irresistible.
February 2, 2013
: the genre switching was surprising but the movie was great. lovers of Hindi films should watch this. Aamir Khan's love interest, Kajol, looks very much like Vicky Morales. ;)
½ January 28, 2013
Time pass, with a very interesting plot twist at intermission. Otherwise many parts seem a bit unrealistic.
½ December 25, 2012
kajol makes the perfect come-back with a movie that has emotions in all range n variation.. n Khan has usual CHArms to sweeping the viewer off his feet .. CHArisMa of the TItANs..
December 7, 2012
Would like to get round to watching.
½ November 25, 2012
The message is simple and one I believe in. Good/Evil is mostly determined by whose side you are on and who is winning. I adore that the mom didn't make the father out to be evil in the end. :)
½ October 27, 2012
A good Bollywood escapist romantic movie!
½ September 10, 2012
If this Indian movie has 100%, I wonder what a bad Indian movie is like. OMG, the acting is pathetic, the photography attrocious and the climax fight is so ridiculous, where the victim of our hero/villain soars at 1 mph, instead of free falling, through a 20 degree incline like a balloon, while waving goodbye to our hero ... Not worth it.
August 14, 2012
musics are great.Aamir Khan and Kajol also are
July 18, 2012
This is an indian movie thats unique to the likes of Hollywood in a good way. Great performance from Aamir and Kajjol!
May 5, 2012
overwhelmed with the plot and the ending....
January 19, 2012
I've watched a fair amount of Bollywood, this is by FAR the worst one I've ever seen and that's saying something. It was so bad, it actively made me angry. It seems like one movie and then changes at one point into this totally different movie and the ending his pointless and horrible! I can put up with some bad or sad endings in Bollywood if the rest of the movie is really good or really beautiful, this movie is not that, don't waste your time. This movie BITES. Go watch Devdas or "Rab ne bana di jodi" or even "Om Shanti Om" instead.
½ September 16, 2011
Boring,(especially the action-packed middle part) and overlong and overblown, Fanaa has its moments especially in the first half where the love story is starting. The change in the story is completely unexpected and there are no hints or anything else to suggest it so I personally found it very difficult to believe and therefore a serious flaw of the film. Another thing that annoyed me is that the music drowns the film; it constantly tells us what we should be feeling, it doesn't let the film breathe and tell its story in a simple way. What keeps this film together is its talented actors. The gimmicky plot and the overlong running time ruined this film for me. Watch if you're a fan of the genre.