The Wolfman - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

The Wolfman Reviews

December 29, 2016
Una de las películas más aburridas que recuerdo, los personajes no me llamaron para nada la atención, y ya no me acuerdo de lo que pasó en ella.
November 26, 2016
A little bit boaring...
October 14, 2016
Very entertaining with only a few flaws here and there. Some of the flaws are how the first half of the movie feels rushed, and the finale in the burning house wasn't that good. The actual ending was great, and the actining was great. It's very entertaining and bloody.
August 18, 2016
This movie gets better every time I watch it. Great acting and interesting characters. Most of the people who don't like it, I suspect don't understand the older horror flicks.
jamrcla
July 20, 2016
Another remake we never really wanted but we got it anyway and it's nothing great really, The story has been done loads of times in loads of films, It was predictable, The effects were not that great I expected the Wolfmen to look better but they looked cheap for a film anyway, It's very dark and gritty which I didn't mind it was acted well and it had some good gory action but apart from that it's not got allot going for it as it's nothing we haven't seen before and I'm sure we will see again and again in the future.
½ July 17, 2016
Though the makeup prosthetics certainly deserved their Oscar, this movie flat-out doesn't make sense.
June 29, 2016
The initial reception towards this film is greatly unjust. As a film that has a talented cast that does their best, relies on a Gothic and haunting atmosphere, and is a faithful call-back to old-school horror and thrills, Joe Johnston's The Wolfman is an awfully underrated film that doesn't deserve the critical response it got, and it should be given a second chance with a different perspective.
June 2, 2016
A poor excuse for an updated version of the Universal classic. This film lagged and the CGI hasn't aged well, even though it's only a few years old at this point. Also, the gore was way higher than I expected it to be. So much so that it bordered on comical.
May 26, 2016
I don't think this was meant to be a remake, but in other words this was an excellent movie, Actor Benicio Del Toro is perfectly cast as The Wolfman, with a great performance delivered, Anthony Hopkins akso delivers the goods. This was an excellent story with wonderful soecial effects. One of the good movies of this year. So for this being a great reaminigation of The Wolfman, I give " The Wolfman" a B+.
½ March 29, 2016
It had the potential to be a good horror flick, but it failed to deliver. What a waste of its great cast.
March 21, 2016
The Wolfman is resurrected with some pretty good looking special effects but they can not help that the film is lacking in the thrills and chills department.
½ March 4, 2016
Great 4.5-Star movie if you have not seen it, And you area monster movie fan, Enjoy!!!!
January 30, 2016
Revolting, box office Killer best yet......
January 26, 2016
The Wolfman wasn't half as bad as I'd been lead to believe. In fact I thought it was quite good as remakes go. It has added a little more action, a little more gore but still retains the mystery and just the right amount of cheese. It's not perfect but I think quite knowingly so. It's pretty entertaining throughout with a couple of stand-out exciting scenes, the only thing I don't really get is the casting of Benicio del Toro!?
½ January 22, 2016
Could've Been Ten Times Better If Universal Hadn't Chopped It, To Get The $$$...!
½ January 22, 2016
When you will be watching this movie, please don't expect to much, because the truth is that you are standing before of one of the worst supernatural creatures's movies ever made. About the originality, here just there isn't. The firsts 20 minutes allows you unveil the entire movie of this exaggeratedly expanded footage. The script is so terrible that makes the cast seems ridiculous. Finally, as if it were not enough, when you are watching an action scene of this movie, the soundtrack leaves the sensation that you are watching not a terror movie, but yes a dumb supernatural comedy.
January 12, 2016
the blood pleased me.
½ December 9, 2015
So bad. This had potential but it really just ends up being terrible. I am so glad I didn't see this in theaters.
October 21, 2015
- 2nd time watching. I love the original film and love the cast here, but it just doesn't work. The story isn't strong enough and too much CGI. A disappointment.

- A major disappointment for me. I love the classic Universal monster movies and really looked forward to this, especially with the cast they assembled include Del Toro, Hopkins and Blunt. Problem is, they aren't great in it, Del Toro is actually miscast, he's just not right for the role, the visual effects aren't great...none of it works really. Skip it.