The Wolfman - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

The Wolfman Reviews

March 8, 2017
A very underrated film in my opinion. Anthony Hopkins gives a great performance to go along with good performances from the rest of the cast. Just enough thrills to keep you on your toes and good pacing throughout. If you're a fan of classic horror films, this should be enough to scratch that itch.
February 25, 2017
really good werewolf movie good acting and setting 4 out of 5 stars really enjoyed it
February 22, 2017
The Wolfman is a remake to the classic The Wolf Man. This movie isn't so good. It felt rushed in a lot of areas and the characters weren't fleshed out properly. The pacing is off especially between each Werewolf appearances. Also the acting from the main cast is as wooden as it gets which is disappointing considering they're all excellent actors. The Wolf Man itself was pretty cool. I think the practical effects were really well done but the CGI in the transformation scenes are dated. I liked the way the Wolf man transformed with his body twitching, contorting and reshaping itself but it would have been so much better if they had been done with practical effects. The setting of he movie is also really nice. The movie has a good look to it altho they could have thrown in a bit of color to the dull gray color pallet. Overall tho there are good and bad things about this movie. It really needed to have good characters and acting but unfortunately that's the biggest thing holding this movie down. 2/5.
February 3, 2017
It's good movie to watch
December 29, 2016
Una de las películas más aburridas que recuerdo, los personajes no me llamaron para nada la atención, y ya no me acuerdo de lo que pasó en ella.
November 26, 2016
A little bit boaring...
October 14, 2016
Very entertaining with only a few flaws here and there. Some of the flaws are how the first half of the movie feels rushed, and the finale in the burning house wasn't that good. The actual ending was great, and the actining was great. It's very entertaining and bloody.
August 18, 2016
This movie gets better every time I watch it. Great acting and interesting characters. Most of the people who don't like it, I suspect don't understand the older horror flicks.
jamrcla
July 20, 2016
Another remake we never really wanted but we got it anyway and it's nothing great really, The story has been done loads of times in loads of films, It was predictable, The effects were not that great I expected the Wolfmen to look better but they looked cheap for a film anyway, It's very dark and gritty which I didn't mind it was acted well and it had some good gory action but apart from that it's not got allot going for it as it's nothing we haven't seen before and I'm sure we will see again and again in the future.
½ July 17, 2016
Though the makeup prosthetics certainly deserved their Oscar, this movie flat-out doesn't make sense.
June 29, 2016
The initial reception towards this film is greatly unjust. As a film that has a talented cast that does their best, relies on a Gothic and haunting atmosphere, and is a faithful call-back to old-school horror and thrills, Joe Johnston's The Wolfman is an awfully underrated film that doesn't deserve the critical response it got, and it should be given a second chance with a different perspective.
June 2, 2016
A poor excuse for an updated version of the Universal classic. This film lagged and the CGI hasn't aged well, even though it's only a few years old at this point. Also, the gore was way higher than I expected it to be. So much so that it bordered on comical.
May 26, 2016
I don't think this was meant to be a remake, but in other words this was an excellent movie, Actor Benicio Del Toro is perfectly cast as The Wolfman, with a great performance delivered, Anthony Hopkins akso delivers the goods. This was an excellent story with wonderful soecial effects. One of the good movies of this year. So for this being a great reaminigation of The Wolfman, I give " The Wolfman" a B+.
½ March 29, 2016
It had the potential to be a good horror flick, but it failed to deliver. What a waste of its great cast.
March 21, 2016
The Wolfman is resurrected with some pretty good looking special effects but they can not help that the film is lacking in the thrills and chills department.
½ March 4, 2016
Great 4.5-Star movie if you have not seen it, And you area monster movie fan, Enjoy!!!!
January 30, 2016
Revolting, box office Killer best yet......
January 26, 2016
The Wolfman wasn't half as bad as I'd been lead to believe. In fact I thought it was quite good as remakes go. It has added a little more action, a little more gore but still retains the mystery and just the right amount of cheese. It's not perfect but I think quite knowingly so. It's pretty entertaining throughout with a couple of stand-out exciting scenes, the only thing I don't really get is the casting of Benicio del Toro!?
½ January 22, 2016
Could've Been Ten Times Better If Universal Hadn't Chopped It, To Get The $$$...!
½ January 22, 2016
When you will be watching this movie, please don't expect to much, because the truth is that you are standing before of one of the worst supernatural creatures's movies ever made. About the originality, here just there isn't. The firsts 20 minutes allows you unveil the entire movie of this exaggeratedly expanded footage. The script is so terrible that makes the cast seems ridiculous. Finally, as if it were not enough, when you are watching an action scene of this movie, the soundtrack leaves the sensation that you are watching not a terror movie, but yes a dumb supernatural comedy.