Suspension - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Suspension Reviews

January 13, 2012
weird. creepy. indie.
June 16, 2011
"Suspension" started very interesting and promising, but it got more and more awkward minute-by-minute. At the end, I was glad when it was over. A pity, really. Although I suppose that it's awkward in purpose. Nevertheless, I give only 2 stars (first half 4,5; last half 0).
½ June 8, 2011
I relate to this Movie now more than I did when I saw it, since losing my Husband Tragically in a Motorcycle Accident, now that to Date I have lost Seven key players in my life to Death, I'd like to see this again & maybe my rating will change
May 23, 2011
I like time travel and time changes, but this one was way too slow.
½ March 7, 2011
Sometimes less is more - the special effects in this movie are simply amazing, given that it was made on a shoe-string budget. Unfortunately the movie suffers from the B-level cast (the supporting cast is especially bad), and the story could use a bit more depth.
February 5, 2011
This one is going to require a little more suspension of disbelief than usual due to some internal inconsistencies and a few flaws in acting and direction, but still pretty watchable overall. A man loses his family in a car crash and somehow (never explained) endows his dead son's video camera with the power to stop time. He uses this new ability to at first help out the wife of the man driving the other vehicle in the crash, but over time this degenerates into some very creepy stalking and murder. The woman he's stalking appears to having seizures during the time-stopping, but it's somehow an effect of their being linked together (never explained).

Suspension drags in spots. There's very little violence, no humor, and a few jarring inconsistencies. For instance, inanimate objects conserve momentum, but people don't (or else removing someone from a moving car would have very different results when time started up). The acting from both leads goes flat in places, particularly in the numerous scenes with no dialogue. Still, there are enough creepy moments and interesting visuals to keep Suspension going until the predictable resolution.
November 21, 2010
Muy buena, con buenos efectos visuales, me gusto la recomiendo mucho.
June 6, 2010
nice haunting atmosphere, effective minimal dialogue (until the end at least), nicely paced. juuuust right.
½ March 13, 2010
An exceptionally well-made and intelligent indie sci-fi/thriller. Sure, it's not perfect, but if you take it for what it is, this may prove to be an incredibly enjoyable film. Recommended.
February 22, 2010
From what a read about this film on cold fusion it sounds pretty cool
½ February 20, 2010
Even though I'm not ranking this movie that high, I'm not ranking it that low either. I didn't hate this. And even though it is not original, it had a different take to this. It did go a bit slow for my taste, but some of the acting in this was pretty good.
February 6, 2010
Imagine if you cab stop movie with a cool ending
December 1, 2009
The movie does not deliver anything. It just plays a sequence of happenings. You tend to anticipate something more out of the movie but you'll never get it. This is the tragic version of Andam Sandlers 'Click'
September 24, 2009
Its limited production values aside, 'Suspension' is a tense and brilliantly innovative indie science fiction film, with some interesting performances, cheap but innovative effects and a sweeping sense of alienation. For all of its crude, unbuffed edges, 'Suspension' is a downright compelling, if rather ponderous, morality tale that is worth your time.
September 19, 2009
Slowly unfolds, with amazing clarity, the darker psycho-pathological potential of the ability to stop time. A very well portrayed story about an unsettling theme. Excellent dark and suspenseful sci-fi thriller !
August 9, 2009
Quite interesting and much better than the somewhat similar "Click" starring Adam Sandler.
½ June 1, 2009
Por momentos muy aburrida.
½ June 1, 2009
It started out promising, turned ridiculous midway & the ending was just lame. Time tampering is just an outdated & overused story plot.
June 1, 2009
What happens when a complete idiot gets hold of a device that can freeze time.
May 26, 2009
'Suspension' is an interesting take on a staple of science fiction in time travel or time stoppage that tosses in some Fatal Attraction style flavor, features a pair of solid performances, some amazing looking special effects and interesting narrative. Not too bad at all.