Before the Rains Reviews

• May 21, 2014

The tragic ending and the pointless story make this a hard movie to watch. It doesn't have a lot to recommend it so don't waste your time.

• Apr 21, 2013

It's a great story I felt so bad for Laura her husband is a unfaithful person. The only thing is I really did not get the ending of this story i i won't say how it ends but overall all it's a pretty good story about love in India and it's a very pretty scenery.

• Mar 17, 2013

This is Santhosh Sivan magic :)

This is Santhosh Sivan magic :)

• Dec 27, 2012

Infidelity only leads to tragedy, that's all I have to say regarding this movie.

• Jul 31, 2012

The bitter truth behind letting yr emotions run wild.. good lesson for us all :( Outcome predictable but nicely done

• May 13, 2012

Before the Rains is never less than compelling, but never more than adequately realized.

• Jan 17, 2012

• Dec 14, 2011

rahul bose and nandita das performed wonderfully.. a sad story..depicting british rule in india and the backwardness of the village life

• Sep 09, 2011

Quite a good film about what happens when you disrespect other cultures, as the British were notorious for doing when they governed India. The one thing that I hated about this was the stupid snob-kid who's only role was to ask his "Papaa" a series of questions an idiot half his age wouldn't even ask.

• Jul 17, 2011

Better Movie then the Director's own 'Asoka'. Strong storyline. It also indirectly explains the nature of Victorian Britishers in India.