Journey to the Center of the Earth - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Journey to the Center of the Earth Reviews

½ June 28, 2014
worst movie ever, period!
February 23, 2014
[Interested: cannot find.]
½ February 3, 2013
Ridiculous piffle that is badly acted, poorly directed and has only the barest of connections to the Jules Verne story.
½ October 25, 2012
Journey to the center of the earth was a mess.
May 13, 2012
lousy acting, so so special effects, poor story
March 21, 2012
Absolutely nothing like the original story. The characters are plain awful and the CGI is terrible. It's slow and a bit painful to watch. There are some decent shots of gore, but it's a disgrace to share the same title as the original story.
January 23, 2012
really wondenful! 100% a good movie.
½ April 9, 2011
Very interesting new twist to the old story. Especially love that it's an all girl group. I might see it again, but there are better movies.
½ November 13, 2010
Horrible. Waste of time.
October 2, 2010
From the creators of the film Mega Shark vs Gaint Octopus; remember that film? pretty shit right? Well I bet you that film is better then this.......

The story is pretty retarded and predictable. This was relised the same year as that 3D one with Brendan Fraser and the story is a bit different. We have these buch lesbain scientists going on a little mission, to some where, I don't know where because the film never tells us. And they some how end up in the Center of the Earth, oh spooky. Meanwhile, this other scientist and errr another scientist build a big drill to drill to the center to save these buch lesbians. There is your story and there are so many things wrong with it:
First off none on the character are indroduced, they don't have a name or a back story so why the fuck should we care what happens to them? No, I'm sorry I'm lieing; one of them indroduced, her name is Gretchen and you'll hear that name alot.
Secondly, the actoin is just Oh My God, that is crap, what the fuck is happening; and that poster is a lie. There are only 2 "things" in the film, a T-Rex and some bad CGI spiders.
Thirdly, something that really bugged me, was that they kept refering to the T-Rex as a "thing" and then half way through they then started to call it a dinosour, what happened did they suddenly just find out what it was? Retarded script.
Forthly, we kept getting random shots of this fat guy, wearing a commanda outfit, smoking a pipe, while this random woman was behind him doing fuck-all, what the hell was the point in those shots?
Fithly, at the end one of the characters says that "3 people have died on this mission" well no, from what I recall 2 people died (one got crushed and another exploded), did the script writters even re-read there script?
Sixthly, like I said one of the characters exploded, in a shower of blood, yet when we get back to base, they all have green goo on them, last scene it was blood. Blood = red, not green. Did they run out of red blood or something?
Seventhly, when a character died, no one seemed upset and then they just forgot about them and when they got back to the base they were all happy and laughing, despite 2 mins ago one of the character exploded, do they have no feelings?
Number 8, also at the end this Gretchen girl got off with this random grandad in this red shirt, what the fuck. We don't even know this guy I just randomly goes up to her, starts kissing her and well she just actceps it.
I'm not going to go on; but believe me I have lots of other things to nip-pick.

The acting is crap, I'm not going to go into detail, it's just crap, moving on....

The script is shit, it has no logic, no one, but one person has a name. The CGI is laughable, the pacing is so slow and boring, that I was really tempted to turn it off. Also, a big clue on how shit this film is, is that the company is called The Asylum; um Asylum - crazy people, yes crazy people made this, it makes sence now.

Overall; it's just a shit B-movie. It's not at all entertaining, has a crap script, poor direction, shit acting and every film the Asylum has made is shit and why do they keep making films? Oh yeh just to tell you, this is the same friend who made me watch Twisted and this film is worse then Twisted.......
August 9, 2010
The tank-topped girls walked around and the other people talked in the fake drill set. Boring.
March 20, 2010
The original is far superior to the new version
February 14, 2010
the actors are terrible in this film, the effects are pants
February 5, 2010
Half a star cause of the book its based on, and half a star cause I thought Encino Man was cool when I was a preteen.
January 29, 2010
Quite a good take on the book, actually following Vernians and their interpretations of the book and scientific location and what not, rather than the books storyline
January 21, 2010
Hopefully better than the last one!
December 19, 2009
awesomely fan-tastic!
December 5, 2009
lousy acting, so so special effects, poor story
November 22, 2009
A lot of ridiculous fun! The Asylum again make a "mockbuster", and do it right. There's a small, but decent, amount of character development, some fun action scenes, and the acting wasn't god awful (they really never have terrible acting, not to say it couldn't be better, just that compared to other B-movies, the acting is ok).
½ November 14, 2009
Fairy tale based on Jules Verne. Nothing special. Good enough for a lazy Friday afternoon when your dead tired on the sofa.