Mirrors - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Mirrors Reviews

July 26, 2015
An ok attempt at an original horror movie, falls flat due to Kiefer Sutherland crappy performance. But the Movie is still watchable.
May 16, 2015
I have been a big supporter of Alexandre Aja since his breakthrough film High Tension and his last film, the remake of The Hills Have Eyes. I was somewhat skeptical that Aja would make a good Asian horror film remake considering the fact that these films are usually crappy, PG-13 films which is definetly not Aja's style. I applaud that he finally made an Asian remake with gore, tension, and good visuals, but still the film has its flaws. Kiefer Sutherland is miscast and the film is pretty predictable. Hopefully, Aja go back to his origins and give the horror film audience a true thrill ride.
May 5, 2015
Well that's me dome looking in the mirror.

The story is about a ex-cop lands an odd job working as a security guard at a burnt down shopping center in New York City. The blaze killed dozens of people over 50 years ago and strange things have been happening since. When he starts seeing odd things in the mirrors he begins to look for answers. He has to find out why the fire was started and what the mirrors want from him before it is too late.

This movie can be scary and gross with the blood and gore, but it dose have it's dull and flat moments that sometimes made it hard to watch at times.
½ April 14, 2015
I'm not a big fan of this kind of horror movies with good effects and not really scary plot. The overall impression is poor and not interesting enough.. Just one more try in the horror genre, and it's going to be forgotten very fast... I will certainly not see the second part.. waste of time..
April 6, 2015
Kiefer Sutherland is one hell of an actor to bring to a film, just as long as he's able to leave his Jack "24" Bauer character at the door. In "Mirrors", Sutherland is in full Bauer mode and it's noticeable at times and takes you out of the movie a bit. The acting overall isn't anything to brag about and while the set up to this premise was very interesting and ropes you in, it lost its way the further it got and ended up very sloppy by the time the end credits showed. Cheap scares, lazy script writing and plot holes that include a twist ending that doesn't make much sense besides to throw a twist in for twists sake. Fans of the actor and popcorn horror flicks with some good gore might take something away from this but as for me, I doubt I'll see this films reflection again. D+
April 3, 2015
Not bad... not the best, but not bad.
January 19, 2015
I'm still confused about the ending did he die or not!?!?
January 9, 2015
I must be the only one who liked this movie. although the ending didn't pass the smell test.
January 4, 2015
Never saw the original. It began well but didn't finish well
Robbanflix
January 2, 2015
A horror thriller movie in the same spirit as The Eye and Grudge i would say. There are many similar movies out there and this flick deserves a place among the top ones. Kiefer Sutherland in the main role and fits quite decent in this genre actually. A few great scary scenes and some blood here and there with a nice story makes this one worth seeing.
½ December 26, 2014
"Mirrors" decides to take the mind bender route instead of hack and slash, however, it retains all the same problems. Sometimes the build up is decent but it always fails in delivery. The explanation of all the horrors in the mirrors is unimpressive and mildly confusing. There are even some basic film making mistakes. There's one scene where Sutherland and Patton are having a discussion and the camera is constantly shaking. Was there no tripod or a stack of books available? Overall "Mirrors" has almost nothing to offers and is one supernatural horror you'll want to miss.
½ December 12, 2014
the concept and storyline was quite good i felt but lacked in execution especially the vfx was pretty second rate with the outdated unnecessary screams and all that gives you been there seen it all feeling and the look of the so called demon was pretty trashy (p.s. laughable)...could had been a classic mystery & suspense, horror movie but those flaws just didnt let that happen...and the character of amy could had been executed more convincingly too by someone else :/
½ November 8, 2014
I'm slightly disappointed by this one. It started out as a sort of slasher, then quickly turned into investigation, then into supernatural. Slasher movies aren't necessarily my favorites, and I don't like how it quickly turned into an investigation movie and a boring one at that. Investigation in horror can be done right if it's coherent and interesting, which this one was not. The Ring is a great example of an investigation horror film. When it turned into supernatural, that was more of what I was expecting from this film, but it still wasn't terribly entertaining or even scary in the slightest. I think this went more for the "cool effects" route. Speaking of which, the mirror effects did look great, and it was probably the best part of the movie... but if the special effects are the high point of a film, I don't think you're gonna get any quality entertainment.
October 26, 2014
goofy when serious and serious when goofy.
October 14, 2014
Mirrors is occasionally creepy, but stays on that 'could have been better' standard.
½ October 13, 2014
When I first heard about this movie, I was bummed put that I was too young to watch it. Now I'm bummed out that I didn't enjoy it as much. I watched the theatrical version, rather than the uncut, since I had two options. And I will say, a bunch of points are rather cliché. However, as the film progressed, it got more and more interesting, pulling us into the mystery. The scenes where Ben is inside the mall and the mirrors are playing those tricks on him are captivating. However, this film falls into many traps as I had said before. Like the "We ghosts are going to scare the shit out of you while no one else is around, but more than one person? now we're just going to f**k with you by not doing any of that scary stuff from 10 seconds ago." Or the "All this horrific stuff is happening to you, but I have a vendetta/trust issue with you, so I am not going to believe you until this stuff happens to me." And let's not forget the "I'm not going to do anything now in the first week, but I'll get more and more aggressive as a ghost as we go along". Although, I will say, the entity is a lot more straight forward here than in most other stories, attacking in the first scene. And the fact that the whole demonic possession issue was not entirely resolved by the end of the film, which is a first. However, if I got bored to the point where I was working on (yes) homework during the movie, then something's up.
September 16, 2014
It makes my reflection want to slit her wrists with the shattered pieces of mirror after I throw my bedside rock at the plasma screen. Just a very depressing and gruesome movie, so it's best not to view it while suicidal. However, if you're in the mood for a gritty and relatively entertaining slasher flick, I'd recommend you over to this clunker.
½ September 13, 2014
Av en outgrundlig anledning så går KIefer Sutherland runt och muttrar som säkerhetsvakt bland speglar i ett nedbrunnet köpcenter. När han inte gör det så kör han sin Jack Bauer-roll i repris och vrålar typiska Bauer-fraser såsom "God damn it!", "Shit!", i en mobiltelefon. Det är lite lånta fjädrar från bland annat Exorcisten, Dark Water och The Ring, men det är mest speglingar i en snygg men identitetslös förpackning.
½ September 9, 2014
one of the best underrated horror movies ever, and i can't really understand why it is underrated.
½ August 28, 2014
Horrible movie!! So many plot holes and the characters act in ways that people in real life would never behave. The antagonist (mirrors/spirits) can physically interact with people, but don't use their supernatural powers to achieve their goal/s, acting in ways entirely inconsistent with their motivations... And don't let me get started on the twist at the end. The film attempts to apologize with the lovely Paula Patton, but still falls short. Altogether, you're so terribly aware you're watching a movie, you're suspension of disbelief is deader than those damn dumb ghosts.