The Haunting of Marsten Manor - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

The Haunting of Marsten Manor Reviews

January 25, 2013

A PG, huanted house movie, void of gore, horror, thrills and comedy. Blah and boring.
November 30, 2012
Not a very good movie. Obviously low budget. They tried, though, which counts. This film did, however, have great character development. The main issue that I had was that there randomly emerged a Civil War theme that was just did not work out too well. The movie was not very food, but watchable. I did like the theme of overcoming hardships, as gave the movie some depth.
½ August 27, 2012
Bought this film in one of those "movie marathon" packs where it's always a hit and miss situation. Most of these twenty were at least mild hits however, this one no exception. This one gets three and a half stars for boasting likable characters played by decent actors and a (mostly) pretty good story. The ending is sort of a let down, as are the quality of the scares, which are mostly of the "BOO!" variety. But I guess this being a haunted house movie, and a fairly decent one at that, they can be forgiven here. I liked the set up of the gas station attendant as a red herring, but felt he was under used. Also we didn't spend enough time questioning the intentions of our male lead. I expected his character to be a very convincingly deceitful bad guy, and was disappointed when we learn that the "lies" he's told were all true. Other than these things it was a damn decent flick for what I paid for all of them.
June 26, 2012
Not too bad, but not very good either. The film isn't scary and the entire 'haunt' seemed pointless. The story is decent though, however the characters aren't too great and the bad acting doesn't help them.
November 8, 2011
Monday, November 7, 2011

(2007) The Haunting of Marsten Manor

Straight-to-rental haunted house flick has teen blind girl and her two friends staying with her at an abandoned mansion inherited from her aunt, eventually discovering that theirs some dark hidden past that needs to be discovered and acknowledged! Acting could've been better, but the second rate unscary musical score is what hurt this film the most!

2 out of 4
½ September 7, 2010
½ April 17, 2009
Movie isn't as bad as most of the critics claim. I personally liked it. Was great to see C. Thomas Howell again!
½ August 26, 2008
Surprisingly good for the budget. The ending was a bit of a disappointment for me. And the last few minutes were horrible, as they explained everything for people who didn't get the very obvious events.