Earth (Disneynature's Earth) (Planet Earth) - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Earth (Disneynature's Earth) (Planet Earth) Reviews

January 17, 2017
WHAT'S EARTH ABOUT?
90-minute version of the incredible BBC documentary miniseries Planet Earth.

IS IT ANY GOOD? (GRADE: A-)
What the film version lacks in the miniseries' thoroughness, it makes up for in a breathless pace that relentlessly transports you all over the world (as any great adventure film should). The footage is, quite simply, some of the most stunning ever captured on film, in any genre.

What's more, Earth works as a riveting drama, following three families (polar bears, humpback whales, and African elephants) as they try to survive predators, climate change, and the search for food, over the course of one year. I found myself invested in the survival of these animals as much or more than any fictional character, due at least in part to clever editing and skillful narration by James Earl Jones. The wonder of nature makes for a terrific blockbuster.

IS IT OKAY FOR YOUR KIDS?
Earth is rated G. There are some moments of animals in peril and some scenes of animals being attacked by predators, though thankfully there is no gory or bloody footage.

ANY WORTHWHILE MESSAGES?
With perseverance, grit, and teamwork you can survive almost anything.
June 26, 2015
Best earth movie documentary by far!!!! The art and cinematographic picture is off the hook! And the stories are amazing!!!! I was crying as I was experience the beauty of nature right before my eyes! Love the Disneynature movies!
March 28, 2015
Excellent documentary on our planet, lovely, real stories
October 18, 2014
Earth is an interesting film that you should not miss.
October 16, 2014
The theatrical reviews are fantastic.
May 31, 2014
A great film, but the footage is straight from the BBC series Planet Earth. Disney edited to 90 min., added James Earl Jones' narration and put in theatres with their name attached. I realize it would have cost a lot of money to make your own original, but you're not exactly broke. A little disappointing Disney.
April 21, 2014
It's cute, but kinda forgettable and worthless.
March 22, 2014
Different/A Bit Boring/Kinda Liked.
January 10, 2014
Fun, warm and wonderful!
December 26, 2013
I applaud Disney for making movies like these, but they really need to improve on making these documentary features more entertaining. Maybe they should start taking cues from the more exciting True-Life Adventure films made by Disney in the fifties. All I know is that this movie was boring! (First and only viewing - In my mid-twenties)
December 12, 2013
Just mind blowing cinematography! The voice of God is irritating at times.
October 28, 2013
Probably is quite interesting.
September 30, 2013
A great start to the Disneynature franchise.
September 14, 2013
The Walt Disney Company would like to remind you that the natural world is a beautiful thing to behold, but leave that to the cameramen and go to Disneyland this summer instead. Thank you.
September 7, 2013
A good Disney nature movie also I liked that it had polor bears and other animals
½ August 23, 2013
It was a very enjoyable nature documentary. It had lots of action, exciting music, awesome images, great comedy and a great story. It was a great start from Disneynature. Good for kids and adults alike.
August 22, 2013
Un gran documental que sabe entretener e informar bien a la vez.
July 22, 2013
Friday, July 19, 2013

(2009) Earth
DOCUMENTARY

Condensed to a running time of 90 minutes from the long 7 hour BBC series of "Our Planet Earth" and I have to say that it's still captivating as ever with James Earl Jones doing the narration. Anything about animals and nature is what we need these days since their isn't many people who watch this kind of stuff at home. From "National Geographic" to "Nature Of Things" to "Animal Planet" they're all great since to film these would require many hours of patience and a lot of passion.

4 out of 4 stars
July 12, 2013
A beautifully crafted, significant documentary.
June 7, 2013
not a bad movie but about 20 mins to long.
shorter would have given it 5 stars