The Chosen One - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

The Chosen One Reviews

½ October 5, 2013
Dull....Very dull. The art and animation are far too limited and not high quality at all. If you come across this...Just keep walking.
April 3, 2012
This movie sounds interesting. I would like to see it.
September 19, 2011
Just from looking at the cover of the DVD, I knew that the whole movie would just scream, "I'm Adobe Flash!" The over all animation makes the TV '6 Teen', 'Stoked', and 'Total Drama Island' look like Disney animation. In the beginning, the story was a little iffy, but then nearing towards the end, I was pleasantly surprised that everything was tied to a good lesson. World peace and eternal life would be nice to have, but when you think about it, those to things would take the fun out of living. So over all, I give this 3 1/2 stars. Not a ground breaking masterpiece, but it is a decent watch. Enjoy!
½ September 19, 2011
June 6, 2009
This is a mildly entertaining highly irreverent animated movie. The animation isn't good, which is forgiveable, but having a one joke story that goes out of its way to take shots on religion whenever it can, and even a few times it can't, isn't forgiveable. The voice cast is much better than this movie deserves as there are some good actors giving good performances. That makes this not the worst movie ever, but in every other regard it is close.
January 5, 2009
yuk. some good bits here and there but the end result falls short of what I think was the original idea. Didn't like the animation at all. I think it would work for a web-series but not for a 2h movie.
January 2, 2009
A peculiar and mildly surreal cartoon that actually turned out to be pretty good in the end. Not spectacular, but quirkily good.
½ November 12, 2008
Seriously funny stuff! Good cast too :)
½ October 19, 2008
Fans of South Park would probably enjoy this...
September 19, 2008
So what is the movie 'the Chosen One' like? How is it? Well, upon viewing the completed film some months back I thought it a good adult animated film comedy. But I also thought it was no ordinary animated film comedy: I've been fortunate enough to see the film screened in front of an audience and there was not only genuine laughter throughout the screening, but the audience also seemed to be fully engaged with the characters and the film's unusual story. Now, of course, the newly released DVD is available with the added fun of director Chris Lackey, actor Chad Fifer, and producer Andreas Olavarria all providing some lively commentary together on voice track.

I won't give away the details or specifics on the film's unique story here. However, I will write in general that the movie is about lead character Lou Hanske's miserable day which puts him into the hospital, and later sends him on his quest with friends to find answers to the Church of Frank's odd claims that Lou is the Chosen One. Of course, a nefarious group gets word of this and sends their nasty ninjas, rowdy robots, and femme fatales out to try to stop him.

The film has a good sense of comic pacing and timing that is utilized well. The Chosen One is done in Flash animation with characters having a 'South Park' and 'Family Guy' type of feel to its style and movements (in looks - I don't mean content). So the animation in the Chosen One looks primitive at times, but people have commented elsewhere online that it actually makes the film funnier to watch. The weak parts where I think the animation and story is not as effective are briefly in some of the film's middle section material when the drama elements begin to emerge in the story. However, the rest of the comedy and other material keep the few weak elements from shadowing the movie, and therefore also keeps the film's strengths and rhythms on track towards the film's strong ending.

The Chosen One's screenplay contains sharp comic dialog and some timely gags. I can see why Chris Sarandon, Tim Curry, Tracy Lords, Lance Henriksen, and Daniel Fishel stepped onboard to do the voice acting for this animated flash feature. But the little film also attempts to offer a little more thought to its story and comedy, and I think it does so successfully -- and I suspect most of the lucky audience members that attended the special screening I went to, seeing and experiencing their enthusiastic and engaging response during and after the viewing of the film, would probably concur.

******
July 3, 2008
IT'S A PRETTY GOOD MOVIE
June 4, 2008
this is going to be brilliant
May 12, 2008
This movie sounds interesting. I would like to see it.
May 6, 2008
i like the chosen one
March 8, 2008
Hey, it's the Chosen One! Of course I'll have to see it! Else it wouldn't be the Chosen One... xD