Fantastic Mr. Fox - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Fantastic Mr. Fox Reviews

jamrcla
½ July 6, 2016
Wasn't that keen on watching it but I caught it on TV over Christmas and got really into it, The choice of filming was different but it works, It's pretty funny and very well done and with a great voice cast it's worth watching.
½ July 5, 2016
It's stop motion Wes Anderson.
½ July 4, 2016
I don't normally like creepy looking animation, but the characters become charming and it's not just a story about Mr Fox, it's a story about his family and their bonds. The storyline is very original, and the animation is amazingly done. I didn't think I would like the film as much as I do, but it's an amazing story - and Mr Wolf's little cameo at the end made my heart burst. It's an awesome story which you're gonna be glad you watched. I didn't believe the characters would all have personalities like this, but they do.
July 1, 2016
Lives up to the title, both the film and the title character. The adaptation of the classic Road Dahl book is somewhat faithful and somewhat out of this world. it is well animated through stop motion and well written through its clever lines and jokes. The ensemble voice cast consisting of all stars bring the same light to their characters, often acting pretty clever and well emoted. In a way, Wes Anderson seems to broaden the short story into a modern yet surrealist heist film. It seems to hit the hearts of viewers, many of which prevent the whimsical from being counterfeit in any way.
July 1, 2016
Fantastic Mr. Fox is a cute and whimsical movie so the whole family can enjoy it. The stop-motion animation was exquisite and the voice actors provided outstanding work!
June 29, 2016
Best stop motion animated movie ever
½ June 29, 2016
Good fun but totally wacky. The first half I enjoyed more than the second. It's fun to meet all the characters and understand what's going on initially, but then the second half moves toward a rescue mission and some peril, none of which is very high stakes or serious. Excellent voice acting and the stop motion is fun.
June 20, 2016
Wes Anderson shows it can make his style work so well on stop-motion as it does on any of his films.
Fantastic Mr. Fox, it's a well acted, funny, interesting and fascinating movie to watch, one of the best stop-motion movies out there.
May 26, 2016
Quirky, quaintly funny and creatively animated.
May 24, 2016
Fun and imaginative. A well-done project. Wittiest stop motion animated film I've seen. The characters were a pretty good bunch including Mr. Fox's comic attitude. The voices were interestingly picked as well, including Clooney, Murray and Wilson. I found myself laughing pretty hard during the comedic scenes, especially in the near beginning. The stop motion effects were quite amazing as always and the storyline was fairly typical, but had a fun zing to it. Overall, witty, funny, and yet also charming and unique.
½ May 4, 2016
Incredibly weird, but fantastic.
½ April 16, 2016
It's a fun film to watch with unrealistic adventures that only animations and cartoons can get away with. It's funny, dramatic and memorable. There couldn't have been a more fantastic portrayal of Mr. Fox than George Clooney, and the rest of the cast isn't bad either. Definitely one of the best if not the best stop motion animated movie.
I feel like the strange humor that the fantastic Mr. Fox gives to the audience isn't the most family friendly but that makes it all more better for adults to understand and relate too. The films awkward pauses usually makes for funny scenes but after a while I got bored and it started to become annoying and lazy. Also the cuss scenes where funny for a while but because it constantly uses that same joke over and over again, the movie starts becoming annoying and it wears off.
April 14, 2016
With another movie full of sharp wit, nuanced directing and original story telling, Wes Anderson is quickly becoming a favorite director. And Clooney is great here.
April 14, 2016
A wonderfully written and quirky adaptation of one of my favorite Roald Dhal books, with a real great twist on the ending, I'm sure Mr. Dahl himself would approve of.
April 11, 2016
Man, this movie was so much fun! I loved the voice work, loved the animation, it's all such a great little ride.

This one is well worth a look, and Clooney is charismatic even when he's fucking stop-motion animated, it's almost not fair!

Recommended.
March 28, 2016
Meticulously crafted and wonderfully witty, Fantastic Mr. Fox is both a smart caper for adults and a delightful treat for children - with animation that has yet to be topped within the world of stop motion.
March 22, 2016
Endlessly charming and funny, "Fantastic Mr. Fox" is a delightful little film that cleverly entertains throughout it's entirety. The stop-motion in particular is a triumph.
March 10, 2016
A great team went into making this movie and really accomplished, "Fantastic Mr. Fox captures all and more of what we all read from Roald Dahl. Wes Anderson never stops to amaze with his creative style of directing.
March 10, 2016
Great movie with funny jokes and beautiful animation
March 7, 2016
I remember this movie to have very specific witty airy type of atmosphere. I loved it