Fantastic Mr. Fox - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Fantastic Mr. Fox Reviews

June 26, 2017
Absolutely, positively the worst movie I've ever seen. The animation is terrible, the story lacks in every way, and the dialogue is horrendous. How do you mess up this badly with such an all-star cast? Leave it to Fantastic Mr. Fox.
½ June 18, 2017
one of the funniest movies ive ever seen
½ June 12, 2017
Innovative and fun, Wes Andersons animated film is destined to become a classic. The voice acting was superb and the story was clever despite feeling typical for a film starring animals living in this environment. A wonderful film.
May 31, 2017
This movie is brilliant. And Hilarious. It stills makes me cry laughing even after many viewings. The best non-Pixar animated film to date. The animation - spot-on. The voice actors nail it. The humour is perfect. I can't say enough about Fantastic Mr. Fox.
½ May 26, 2017
This is an excellent movie! Sure, it isn't flawless, but the flaws don't get in the way of my enjoyment!
May 10, 2017
As clever as it is a charming, Anderson's animated outing is all you would hope and expect. One of the best soundtracks ever too, I was won over the moment Heroes and Villains started playing.
May 1, 2017
Fantastic, indeed. This one caught me completely by surprise. Big name actors voicing a unique plot with characters built exactly for the actors. I'm now hooked on Wes Anderson.
½ April 8, 2017
Antic, surreal and very, very funny, Gorgeous George's velvet tones bring the dignity.
½ April 2, 2017
Fantastic Mr. Fox goes deeper than your average animated flick with themes of fatherhood, family, doing the right thing and especially individuality. There are many great voice performances from the whole cast, George Clooney is as cool as ice and the other A list members of the cast were good too. Meryl Streep, Michael Gambon, Bill Murray and Willem Defoe in particular really lit up this picture.
March 31, 2017
"Fantastic Mr. Fox" is a great family/stop-motion animated film (nominated for the Oscar for Best Animated Feature; lost to "Up") & stays faithful to the children's book by late author Roald Dahl; if Dahl were alive, I'm quite sure he would love this film.
½ March 29, 2017
Fantastic Mr. Fox's movie adaptation has uncanny animation, which is all thanks to Wes Anderson's artistic ingenuity and Roald Dahl's colorful imagination.
March 6, 2017
Loved every minute of this!
½ February 21, 2017
While something of an aquired taste, Fantastic Mr. Fox provides great entertainment that keeps (at least in my opinion) true to Roal Dahl's surreal style of storytelling.
February 15, 2017
Fun, Lighthearted, and beautifully directed animated film with full of FANTASTIC(heh) cast members.
½ February 8, 2017
A typical Wes Anderson feel to the movie.
February 5, 2017
Classic level. We watch this at least once a year
½ February 2, 2017
4.5 Stars! Wes Anderson's trademark all over... the symmetry is a beautiful spectacle for the eyes, with a marvelous soundtrack composed by Alexandre Desplat. Splendid, it should have won all its nominations, had the film 'Up' not been nominated as well. Excellent story by Roahl Dahl.
½ January 31, 2017
no just no after reading the book and loving the story i'm shocked really
January 16, 2017
Every time I watch this movie, I always think about how Wes Anderson is an artistic genius. Anderson's eye for beauty is just unlike any other and I truly admire him for it. I was hypnotized by the perfectly symmetrical shots, the simple, cute plot, and the charming soundtrack. I have an adoration toward stop motion because I know how the process of making one is very long and arduous, so this movie did not disappoint. Wes Anderson is one of my favorite directors, which is why I was not surprised with the fact that I absolutely adored this movie.
½ January 12, 2017
Ligera, dinámica, sensible sin dramas inútiles, con una estética muy simpática. 7/10