The Perfect Game - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

The Perfect Game Reviews

August 7, 2016
It's a great family film.!!!!!
January 17, 2016
A VERY sweet heart is worth one full star the 3 out of 5 I've awarded.
December 3, 2015
The Perfect Game: Or how a certain sports movie formula no matter how overdone always provides a decent watch. Seems just the same to me as McFarland, USA, but still doesn't disappoint.
November 23, 2015
absolutely loved it!!! it talks about the dreams the dreams everyone of us have, maybe some of us do not want to be professional baseball players, but maybe actors, maybe presidents, maybe models or every thing you found some kind of hard to get there.
½ October 27, 2015
The ultimate underdog story brings inspiration for many who love the game of baseball and how those brave group of boys changed the game forever
September 7, 2015
A nice family baseball film with some Mexican fun added to it.
September 2, 2015
Hay que creer mucho en dios para no darse cuenta de lo patética que es
August 18, 2015
Not the best movie ever about the great game of baseball, but it has enough heart and a good third act to earn its 3 stars.
July 31, 2015
Solid movie with good morals. Kinda cheesy toward the end
July 7, 2015
one of the best movies i have seen in a long time! i had never heard the story, so watching this movie and realizing it was a true story only made it better!
July 4, 2015
Fun one to watch with kids and chat about cultural differences and meaning of sportsmanship - great cast too.
½ June 4, 2015
An underdog sports picture cliche, but heartfelt all the way.
November 21, 2014
The true story is one of the most inspiring baseball ones on film. It's executed fairly well on screen, only slightly hindered by iffy acting at points.
October 8, 2014
The story is heartwarming and one that should inspire the viewers but The Perfect Game is a bit sloppy and should have been subtitled. Hearing the Mexican kids talking perfect English and then hearing the coach say they don't understand or speak English was odd. Still a good movie that fans of the sport should enjoy.
½ July 30, 2014
Sweet, sentimental but true, 'The Perfect Game' is a nice sports film that will leave you smiling at this incredible true story. Since it is a film based off of real events, billing as predictable would be foolish. Anyone can Google the plot. Not that difficult. I will say that the movie does not soar to extraordinary heights but is helped by a charming young cast and well-paced baseball sequences. Jake T. Austin is stellar as Angel Macias and provides moments of human emotion, especially in the relationship with his father. Clifton Collins Jr. is fittingly tough and authoritative as coach Cesar Faz and Cheech Marin plays a nice moral center as Padre Esteban. This movie succeeds because it is all about the baseball and you will enjoy watching how the boys from Monterrey defied the odds at the Little League World Series.
July 17, 2014
A netflix movie that was good. Not so much baseball just reacting a Mexican team making it to the world series. Not as good as Million Dollar Arm but it sure has more baseball than it did.
June 28, 2014
A movie about baseball and faith. An unexpected surprise and perfect for family night movie.
½ June 22, 2014
Movies like this make me feel like cheering. They make me happy, and that's all I can truly ask for from entertainment such as this.
½ June 21, 2014
The Perfect Game is harmless and good hearted but it feels too cliche and unmemorable to be an effective sports film.
June 8, 2014
Acting is sometimes cheesy, but great historic underdog - sports story.