Recount - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Recount Reviews

½ November 8, 2016
brilliant! sad the election was rigged in favour of the republicans! thousands of democrat voters refused a vote and poor areas with out of date unreliable voting systems/machines.. real insight into u.s.a politics. you couldn't make it up! great film/performances- especially laura dern.. well worth watching
October 28, 2016
Anyone that liked this ultra liberal drivel is brain dead. Kevin Spacey could have delivered a worse performance if he was asleep or comatose. Do you actually think this movie was anything other than a total waste of liberal drivel? If you do you are dumber than a box of rocks and I am a lot smarter than you will ever be so crawl back under that rock you live under moron! Hey Kevin the Supreme Court rules and you are too stupid to get it after 16 years you are still too stupid!!
October 28, 2016
good historical/political com-dram
June 8, 2016
Although I liked the movie, it also makes me heartsick, because so many people were discouraged and flat out illegally stopped from voting, most of whom would have voted for Gore, and the Florida government of Bush's brother made the outcome of the election a foregone conclusion that even my level 2 students had no trouble figuring out. When I think of the difference a Gore presidency would have made to the planet, to our country's national debt, to the rich corporations that run America via lobbyists and payouts, to the wars started by the Bush administration and the young soldiers killed--it all makes me sick.
½ December 18, 2015
Enjoyable fictionalised account of the 2000 Presidential election recount in Florida. Kevin Spacey is reliably engaging, and the script is witty enough to keep you interested.
½ November 18, 2015
Damn those hanging chads and butterfly ballads. "Recount" recalls the controversial 2000 U.S. Presidential Election where voting ballads in Florida were not counted properly. This HBO produced movie shows both Bush and Gore's sides as their parties fight to clear up the situation and for one of them to claim Presidency. It's well done and has many great acting performances, but still has the Hollywood smell of liberalism-based agenda.
½ October 21, 2015
October 17, 2015
"The plural of chad is chad?"
February 20, 2015
This movie makes you wonder where the Republican wit to get things done went, even if for fraudulent purposes. Spacey and Balaban are splendid.
½ January 5, 2015
Although those not interested in the details of the voting process might find it a bit dry, the performances (Dern is excellent in her few scenes) and the intelligent script offer up a compelling look at the very likely victory for Al Gore that was unconstitutionally given to Bush by the Supreme Court thanks to gross partisanship, inacccurate voting procedures, and Republican voter fraud.
½ November 26, 2014
Brilliant, good fun. A great deal of transparency injected through dramatic portrayal. It may not be perfectly fair and balanced, but Recount punches the ticket where it counts-a great reminder of just how imperfect our electoral process remains.
August 16, 2014
Gave me insight into this crazy election. There were some good performances. It Seemed a bit one sided, but that's what happens when you lose and election. I'm sure the conservatives would have made a similar movie had Bush lost.
July 20, 2014
holy cats this was awesome. If you like political messes hyped up in a movie, this is the bomb.
½ June 14, 2014
Jay Roach, el director de la trilogía de "Austin Powers", dirige esta interesante reconstrucción de la crisis política originada en las elecciones Bush/Gore debido al irregular conteo de los votos. Kevin Spacey, Laura Dern, John Hurt, Ed Begley Jr., Tom Wilkinson y Bob Balaban ofrecen unas muy buenas actuaciones encarnando a las partes implicadas tanto del partido republicano (Bush) como del demócrata (Gore). Hecha para HBO.
May 27, 2014
I had no idea how convoluted and poorly-handled the 2000 presidential election in Florida really was until seeing this movie. I remember that there were comments in the news about hanging chads, etc., but did not know about all of the legal and other issues that are revealed in the movie. It makes you wonder about all elections in all counties and states, on any issue. To be perfectly honest I couldn't sit through this whole movie. From what I did see it was a "poor Al Gore" scenario though. Did anyone even mention the fact that while Al was saying "we need to count all the votes" he was also saying "we can't count the overseas military ballots". So wasn't that being a bit disingenuous? And wasn't it also a bit odd that the major media did go back and recount and recount and recount and not one of them ever came up for Gore? So this movie was more a Gorbasm than anything else from the little I saw. I did think the acting was well done though and particularly liked Laura Dern's Katherine Harris.
February 18, 2014
February 17, 2014
Laura Dern was hilarious as Katherine Harris
February 5, 2014
one of my favorite movie
February 3, 2014
Nicely paced and perfectly detailed, this movie recounts the 2000 election and the crazy mess it was. The movie keeps you intrigued and there never is a dull moment where you feel the movie is drifting away.