I Love You Beth Cooper - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

I Love You Beth Cooper Reviews

August 8, 2016
High school graduate confesses his love for the school hottie in this overdone teen comedy.
June 14, 2016
Its pretty bad and has NO LAUGHS. Zero. Its actually pretty offensive as well. There is a character in the film who obviously is suppose to be "in the closet" and one of the ways they make him seem gay to other characters in the movie is, get this, he knows a lot about movies. Thats a slap in the face to anyone who watches movies, so because he knows a lot about movies, hes gay? F*** you! Thats what i say. Than they literally have this guy say things like "Lets reenact a sword fighting scene with our boners" while saying hes NOT gay... please. The gags that are suppose to make you laugh, are really lame, throwing a microwave into a wall, a towel fight, and the list goes on. The other thing is, this movie is kind of confusing, i mean they have a male lead who looks like Danny Devito in Batman Returns and the girl he likes looks like a super model (a short one with awesome legs!)... Yeah that works. The whole point of the film is so meaningless, it fails on almost every level. He has so little personality, he literally talks about this girl the whole movie because thats his life! He has no other interests! How are we suppose to believe this guy has a chance to even be her friend and as it turns out, he seems like hes gay because thats all he wants to be is her friend. on top of that the guy is so damn ugly and nerdy, come on now. The development of his character consists of him sitting behind her in class for years listening to this girl talk to her friends (so he can find out about her!) and never introducing himself to her... Thats right, just stalk the girl and don't have a life of your own. Than when he admits his creepy obsession to her (which he admits has been 5 years in the making)... she excepts him. This movie is awful, stay away.
January 18, 2016
I know this movie is stupid, Okay? But damn it, I like it. Is this film realistic? No way in hell! The hot cheerleader starts to like the nerd instantly and the story is fairly repetitive and clunky. Also, this high school probably has the worst people in it. The bullying is so hardcore. And I thought MY high school had bad bullying. Some of the character's actions are completely unbelievable and there are no punishment for some of the stupid and downright violent crimes. But why does this film hold place in my heart? Well, throughout high school, I often felt like the main character. The nerd who will never get the pretty girl. It sounds cheesy I know, but this film gave me hope. That one crazy night can change your life and that anything is possible. Although this film is totally unrealistic and generally pretty stupid, I was laughing my ass off and having a good time. Don't expect a masterpiece, just some dumb laughs. But hey, those can be fun!
October 14, 2015
Uneven and desperate, and terribly unfunny. A bit of thot, nuance and panache would have gonna a long way here, bc the story - tho cliched - was ok, but no one here is likeable.
They waste the whole movie maintaining the character cliches, so the attempt at a heartfelt ending is empty and cloying.
Did I mention unfunny?
Sad.
These are decent actors, but its just wasted talent here.
Go watch Can't Hardly Wait, and if you've seen it already, watch it with the cast commentary - rather entertaining.
That's funny.

2 out of 5 teen girl eyerolls
½ July 30, 2015
Funnny, like this is highschool!
July 30, 2015
Looks unfunny and lazy
Nate Z.
½ July 12, 2015
Not the trainwreck it's been advertised as but still nowhere near the term of "passable," I Love You, Beth Cooper feels like a forgotten relic from a time capsule of 1980s teen movies. It just feels so powerfully dated and yet incompetent when it comes to maintaining a consistent comedic tone or building interesting characters. During the valedictorian's (Paul Rust) graduation speech, he loses his filter, lets people know his real thoughts, and Beth Cooper (Hayden Panettiere) gets the titular declaration. Thanks to director Christopher Columbus, the movie wallows in shallow stereotypes; geek goes after head cheerleader. The comedy is ramped-up slapstick that approaches cartoon ridiculousness, including Beth's ex-boyfriend who assaults and destroys everything in sight without anyone ever calling the police. There are some ham-handed life lessons doled out between the PG-13 randiness. The casting also dooms the flick. Panettiere isn't a strong actress, and Rust is an actor best described as "highly punch-able." I was irritated by his every movement and word, and I felt compelled to keep punching him in the face. I'm not a violent person at all but thus was my level of annoyance. There are some fun stretches but nothing that ever sticks or resonates. I Love You, Beth Cooper is not worth adulation or scorn, just indifference.

Nate's Grade: C
April 17, 2015
only because Hayden P. is in it
April 4, 2015
WOW......WOW.....WOW.....SO SO SO SO SO BAD......MAN THIS IS SUCH AN AWFUL MESSY MESSY MOVIE 2 WATCH, IT IS SO SO SO SO DREADFUL, IT IS SUCH AN AWFUL MOVIE 2 WATCH, IT IS SO SO SO AWFUL MOVIE 2 WATCH, IT IS SO SO SO DREADFUL, IT IS SO SO SO DREADFUL, IT IS SUCH AN AWFUL MOVIE 2 WATCH IT IS SUCH AN AWFUL MESSY MOVIE 2 WATCH.......WARNING THIS MOVIE CONTAINS STROBE LIGHTNING EFFECTS THROUGHOUT THIS MOVIE......MAN THIS IS SUCH AN AWFUL MOVIE 2 WATCH, IT IS SUCH AN AWFUL MESSY MOVIE 2 WATCH, IT IS SUCH AN AWFUL MOVIE 2 WATCH, IT IS SUCH A BAD MOVIE 2 WATCH, JUST AVOID THIS MOVIE AT ALL IT IS SUCH A BAD MOVIE 2 WATCH, JUST AVOID THIS MOVIE AT ALL COSTS IT IS THAT BAD.....JUST DO NOT WATCH THIS MOVIE IT IS SO AWFUL.......ITS GOT A GOOD SOUNDTRACK THROUGHOUT THIS MOVIE.....BUT MAN THIS MOVIE IS SO SO SO AWFUL 2 WATCH....WARNING YOU HAVE GOT TO WATCH THE END OF THE CREDITS THROUGHOUT THIS MOVIE AS SOMETHING HAPPENES AT THE END OF THE CREDITS THROUGHOUT THIS MOVIE........
March 8, 2015
Funny at times but lacked where it counted the most ...

cast , comedy , and poorly written.

I love you Beth Cooper provided 1 mabe 2 laughs the exact same laughs from the trailer. so I say

that I did not love Beth Cooper

January 25, 2015
I did read the Adv. copy and it was pretty funny so I'm kinda interested to see how this turns out.
½ January 13, 2015
Hated the main character.
January 4, 2015
I won't say that this movie is particularly good. The poor pacing, lack of a supporting cast and odd humor make for a strange ride. However, the movie does do an acceptable job of riding the line between The Hangover, Superbad and Perks of Being a Wallflower. It isn't great, but I Love You Beth Cooper offers some decent chuckles and a few interesting reflections on identity, with the relatively unknown cast allowing for a fresher take on the genre.
½ December 10, 2014
Even though Panettiere made a nice show with her good looks, this movie suffers from horribly flat acting and a mostly weak story. It's kinda fun in parts though, hence my rating.
November 5, 2014
It isn't awful but it isn't amazing I don't hate this movie like everyone else does it's entertaining and has heart it doesn't deserve all the flack it got for what it is it's pretty good
Grade B
September 2, 2014
hmmmm
out of curiosity
August 17, 2014
(First and only viewing - In my mid-twenties)
August 2, 2014
It has a few funny moments but this is a run of the mill comedy that is sort of feel good at times, but it's a sloppy mess that doesn't live up to other similar movies. This is like a raunchy teen movie for pre teens. A 12 year old would find this hilarious, but not me.
July 2, 2014
Most jokes are repeated and humorless with the glorification of teens illegal acts making the attempt on creating a funny teen comedy a failure.
May 8, 2014
Taking cues from every teen movie ever made before it, this adaptation of Larry Doyle's book is painfully hilarious to watch.