11-11-11 Reviews

• Sep 21, 2015

It's so bleak it's depressing.

It's so bleak it's depressing.

• Sep 20, 2015

The story has potential but its poor execution fails to give it the justice it deserves

• Jul 17, 2015

A boring, uninteresting and unimaginative horror movie with a twist so stupid and laughable you'll be wondering why the hell did you watch this movie. The movie's idea is similiar to The Number 23 with Jim Carrey, which is a much better movie than this, and I thought it could at least be interesting. But, the movie is so boring and dull that you just can't concentrate on the plot. The characters are unlikeable, the acting is mediocre, even the movie's direction is boring! The story is very religion oriented and sometimes it almost seems as this movie is some sort of a Christian propaganda. Now, the ending at first I really didn't understand, but after thinking about a little more I can safely say that this is one of the most laughable plot twists ever. It's so stupid that you'll be sitting there and thinking "Is this for real?". All in all, a very bad horror movie with close to zero scares, unlikeable characters, dull look and an awfuly boring plot. I wouldn't ever recommend seeing this one.

Gimly M Super Reviewer
    May 06, 2015

I'm partial and a half to director Darren Lynn Bousman, Repo! The Genetic Opera and The Devil's Carnival are two of my favourite group-watching experiences, his work in the Saw franchise totally worked for me, his entries II & IV are two of my favourites in the series. and he's very committed to the horror genre which I hold dear to my heart. But 11-11-11 is crap. There are actually a couple of moments I really liked. There's some crazy practical effects and some awesome lighting, and even some genuinely creepy shots, but those are the sort of things that make a good film better, not a bad film good. The story overall is disjointed, but even watching individual scenes unfold is confusing and unbelievable. Lead character Joseph seems to forget the life-saving act he was engaged in in one room the second that he enters the next. And these aren't even the largest of the films problems. But hey, at least it's better than 11/11/11.

• Aug 14, 2014

On the 11th day of the 11th month in 2011, a being from another world with use the 11th gate of Heaven to enter our world. This movie is stupid and not scary at all.

• Dec 18, 2013

11 has to be the least menacing number that does not have a 4 in it (or end with a 2). Even if you find the number scary, I doubt you'll be intimidated by the extras in Halloween masks that this movie tries to pass off as demons.

• Dec 04, 2013

Well, I kinda enjoy it although its narrative tone sounds a bit odd.

Well, I kinda enjoy it although its narrative tone sounds a bit odd.

• Dec 03, 2013

Could be better......too many unbelievable things to overlook in order to get through to the conclusion of the "mystery"...still a nod at belief, faith and the ever present question of what if you are wrong.

• Oct 26, 2013

The scares are cheap as fuck, and the laughable twist didn't make the movie any better.

• Aug 31, 2013

An entertaining flick, it is constantly making you jump with cheap scares, but I still enjoyed that. I am not a fan of the ending, but I had fun with it up to that point so I am not going to hold that against it. It is a decently acted but weak script. Still it was just a horror movie and I was in the mood for a horror movie, it was good, but don't expect it to leave a lasting impression other than you got a few jumps out of it and were entertained.