12 to the Moon - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

12 to the Moon Reviews

½ May 18, 2016
The story isn't too weak, but it does dwindle for a time. The characters are fairly generic, and much of the dialog is bland. Forgettable sci-fi space travel flick, but it's not too bad.
January 5, 2016
GREAT MOVIE, a cave that causes this coed couple to get more excited about romance than their being the first on the moon! And the fancy plastic lounge chairs in the space ship bought at a hardware store should be an example for NASA on how to save tax dollars ! A wonderful move that never violates physics, knowing the moon gets up to hundreds of degrees but somehow there is ice blocking off passageways and no one is concerned that theres water on the moon! LOL!, Its a fun movie to watch, it makes me wonder how the movies we prize today will appear 50 years from now.
½ June 14, 2015
This movie has exploration, aliens feeling humans are unworthy, and people with grudges putting aside their differences for the better good. Each of which could have been interesting to address but sadly its thrown together in a mess that doesn't work that well.
March 4, 2012
Not the best of space movies, but it has its points.
November 2, 2011
Made me want the read Red Mars again. Not bad for something different. Some of the things in the movie don't seem to have been thought through all the way and some parts seemed a bit forced to move the movie along. But still interesting to watch.
½ August 10, 2011
Great MST3K episode and not really that bad of a film. Kind of a precursor to "2010: The Year We Make Contact" in its plot.
½ April 3, 2011
Imagine for a second you were part of an intergalactic race on the moon that, for no explained reason, really liked cats. Then imagine you were really bothered by Earth and decided the best way to put humans in their place would be to freeze North America using something that is also never explained, probably slaughtering millions of cats in the process, as well. These are just a few of the problems dragging this down but the frightening part is that these are just the minor plot points that make no sense - this doesn't even take into consideration the technical aspects that are so hilariously awful, you hope everyone involved in this movie was paid for their duties in hugs and hot chocolate. We're talking reused shots in multiple parts of the movie, people in scenes on accident that somehow made it into the final product, lighting scaffolds in shots (oddly enough on the "moon"), strings and sticks used for props and oh so much more that I'm going to ask for hugs and hot chocolate by the time I get to the end of this paragraph just for reminding myself of some of this stuff. The crazy part here is that this could have been a pretty solid movie that may have been viewed as a cultural step forward for the time it was made. You get 12 astronauts from different nations and, consequently, different attempts at accents (the man who is from France really should have done his scenes as a mime), joined together on a mission to visit the moon and see what goes on up there. Among the crew are a former Nazi leader and a Jewish doctor who, in a crazy series of coincidences, end up on a suicide rocket intended to defrost Earth and- actually, we're just going to stop talking about the plot and really the movie from here out because this is somehow becoming worse when you see the words you just typed out on the screen detailing a movie that caused you to question the existence of logic during its somehow lengthy 70-minute runtime.
February 20, 2010
This movie makes the Baby Science Jesus cry.
½ July 25, 2009
an ok moon landing movie before it became reality, check out "Destination Moon" instead
June 17, 2008
I fell asleep for some of this movie, but it was absolutely ridiculous.
January 4, 2008
MST3K Version: Depressing and dull, improved by MST3K by not a whole lot.