The Night of the White Pants - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

The Night of the White Pants Reviews

½ March 20, 2015
another teeny-bopper pic
April 17, 2012
I really enjoyed this movie.
½ July 6, 2011
Not sure what that was supposed to be...not sure I'd want to see it again or have anyone else.
Nick Stahl has no presence whatsoever.
Tom Wilkinson appears to be having fun, but that's it.
Oh, and jokes about deaf wheelchair bound people aren't funny.
MISS.
½ June 16, 2011
"TNotWP" is a quite interesting and funny film which starts as what seems a usual comedy film, but soon has an unexpected plot twist and from there it gets both: crazy and serious at the same time.
½ May 11, 2010
O.k. This was not a most fantastic movie,or one that will stay in your mind
your whole life. However, it will stay in there for meybe quite some years.

I just got through watching it, May 12th. 2010 . I have heard about it, very little though, and seen commercials about it. Yet, still had no idea, what it was about. From the name, you figure it has something to do with a pair of
pants. Thus, you assume, who ever is,or was wearing those pants, is
who the movie is all about. Well, I won't say. You'll have to go see it for yourself.

Anyways, a good cast of charecters, all comeing from totally different views, which always helps, plus a little bit of a tie in , with eachother, yet,
perhaps unknown to some, while surely known by others.
It's not exactly a love story, or a drug film, or a thief type of film,or a story
about a rock and roll band, or a guy/girl lost in thier idea of life.
Nor, is it a cop movie. Yet, you might see a few of those in there. haha.
It's quite a unique story still the same. Told pretty well, not that your
wondering what ? , untill the twenty minuttes later part, that you'll almost miss , unless someone tells you, :See !!!.....haha.

You'll like this film, because you'll also notice meybe pieces of yourself within some of the peaple in this movie, or meybe you'll just be a friend of a person in the movie, viewing a lot of your friends, past and present.
As I said, I wouldn't call this a fantasic movie, yet I wouldn't pass it up either.
You'll have your own opinion, of course, yet, you'll never have it, till you
see it.
Perhaps Jim ,Mario, and Cherryl couldn't quite understand where exactly
the charecters were comeing from, or where they had been, and where they wish to go ? They say it was all too boreing, not worth seeing.
Well, if you like some t.v. drama's, with just a tiny spark of comedy, then
this is for you. Obviously, they didn't see the comical twists in the
various scenes, because a few were well hidden, but you had to just catch them.
Mark
½ February 13, 2010
This was pertty quirky and somehow managed not to fall apart. Funny, unique, weird and just plain likeable. I really enjoyed this, its not the best nor the funniest but it all comes together nicely. Really loved the character Lolly and it was nice to see someone with a disability protrayed like a normal person, completely ignoring her disability. Surprised to see buttoned up Tom Wilkinson doing comedy.
February 6, 2010
Wilkinson is a good actor. That's it...nothing else can be said about this.
½ December 30, 2009
I had no idea what this movie was about, until we were flicking channels one night and saw this! What a great movie! Enlightening, funny, charming and an almost coming of age type of storyline. Worth the watch!
August 26, 2009
I didn't really get it much, But what i did understand was okay.
August 9, 2009
For a movie following the simple and proven formula of "wild night out" flicks, this film manages to make viewers wish they themselves had gone out, instead of staying in to watch this pedantic snorefest.
July 30, 2009
It's a dumb movie, but it has its moments. Actually, I thought it was pretty funny all the way through. It does have a terrible cover of "Search & Destroy" on the soundtrack, which was really lame.
June 27, 2009
This movie claims to be a Comedy Drama. Well, it was not a comedy nor a drama. Frankly, it was just a stupid movie with lots of people moving and talking. The characters were flat and dull, the plot not believeable. A waste of time, avoid this one.
June 7, 2009
It takes a little longer than I would have liked for it to get interesting, but it is still a funny misadventure.
June 1, 2009
tom wilkinson is the shit! this flick won't change the world or anything but it's pretty fun.
½ June 1, 2009
Not all that memorable, but goofy and fun to watch. Also, the title doesn't make all that much sense. Sure, there were white pants, but they don't do anything special, which is what I kept waiting for.
½ May 6, 2009
Fun, silly, and kind of weird. Tom Wilkinson is great in a much goofier role than what I'm used to seeing from him.
½ May 5, 2009
"If so, why do you look all the same?"
½ May 4, 2009
A 2006 movie that I never heard of. I watched this last night and thought it was really good. I love Selma Blair (Beth) but she wasn't what made the movie it was Tom Wilkinson who played Beth's father. He was a crack up! And the friendship he built w/ Beth's boyfriend was the best! I am glad I saw this and still I wonder why they named the movie, "The night of the white pants?"
April 1, 2009
very cute, well not a movie you remember for a long time but it's fun to watch. tom wilkinson is awesome here! :)