Proud American - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Proud American Reviews

September 12, 2008
Call me unpatriotic, but this looks like a giant fucking snoozefest.
September 12, 2008
I AM proud to be an American, but should I be ashamed of walking out of this movie after enduring it for 40 minutes? Naw.... If I were skimming through the TV channels and came upon this movie, I would not stop for even a few seconds to watch it. With the acting so amateur, the film quality lacking, and the script screaming for help, there was no point in staying. Well, maybe there was one reason we should have stayed~~we left the only other victim of this movie sitting there in the theatre all alone, maybe prouder to be an American than we, I don't know. I should have gotten my first clue about this movie by the fact that there was NOTHING in today's movie section of the Arizona Republic about it, other than it was playing at the AMC where we saw it. We totally blew $19.50 for 40 minutes of wishing and hoping it would soon break into beautiful, majestic views of this great land, accompanying by majestic, robust music. DO NOT waste your time or money! Stay home! Check out Pay On Demand, as my husband is doing right at this moment so we can have some movie fulfillment tonight.
September 12, 2008
a movie about how "great" america is???? Sounds like somebody wants to distract from the problems that country has... I got sick just from watching the trailer.
½ September 11, 2008
The acting was atrocious, as was the music. I mean, seriously, during a montage you don't sing what the characters are going through. It's been parodied already, so that's a step back. This was more like something they'd show you in school to make you feel some emotion or something like that. Not worth paying for whatsoever. Oh yeah, and the stories about the people in the film? Not interesting at all. It's like if I explained everything that has happened to me in my life so far. NOBODY CARES. DON'T MAKE A MOVIE ABOUT IT.
September 10, 2008
This movie would like to think of itself as a documentary about making it in America, but due to it being entirely made up of "dramitizations" with terrible acting and overly patriotic themes, there really is no true credibility to their stories. It has all the hums of a cheezy lifetime movie, with segments of American landscape footage looped with dialogue about how someone thinks america is awesome. Not worth your time, unless you want something good playing in the background for your next July 4th party, but lets face it. You'd rather have Bon Jovi singing to fireworks, and thats the real american way.