The Man Who Came Back - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

The Man Who Came Back Reviews

March 8, 2013
I stopped watching after the second murder and the rape, not my kind of western.
½ November 19, 2012
I am watching this video as I write. This is so bad, that I just have to watch it in full. Seriously, this has exceptionally bad acting, poorly written script, cliche' after cliche'. This wouldn't be a "B-movie" in 1949.
January 15, 2012
metria paragwgi xwris kati to idiaitero
½ March 6, 2011
A B-movie can still create an audience and find a following, but please take my review to heart, do NOT watch this movie. In the similar style of the "Man with No Name" series, this is a Western revenge film that is based loosely on true events. Eric Braeden, (Victor from "The Young and The Restless") produced and stars in this movie and his age shows in the fight/action scenes. But this movie is just TOO over-the-top, too many cliches and graphic scenes that leaves you saying "enough already!"
June 9, 2010
metria paragwgi xwris kati to idiaitero
½ February 10, 2010
three words! very bad acting
November 4, 2009
It might not be the high quality film but it had some good messages and an intriguing story line.
½ October 16, 2009
Zzzzzzzzzzzzz........
August 26, 2009
m?¥ bare komme med en liten advarsel. Styr unna dette makkverket her. Var s?¥ vanvittig d?¥rlig at jeg tviler p?¥ om jeg kommer til ?¥ f?¥ sove i natt. Er rett og slett drit sur for at det er mulig ?¥ bruke penger p?¥ ?¥ lage noe s?¥ h?¥pl?¸st elendig piss. Det er absolutt ingenting ved denne filmen som er i n?¦rheten av ?¥ f?¥ en halv stjerne. Den setter faktisk en helt ny standard for DRIT !!! Alt annet jeg har sett b?¸r justeres opp med minst en halv stjerne for at denne skal komme inn under samme skala. Jeg ville faktisk f?¸r sett "dis" i halv hastighet en denne en gang til og det sier litt !!!
½ August 23, 2009
About what you would expect from a cast where only 1 or 2 actors are well known. Looks like it was filmed by 2 film school students in their back yards, with their "Special guest teachers" as actors. A plot that reads like it has promise and falls so badly short. Not worth renting, not worth sharing the rental fee with friends.
½ July 21, 2009
Wow. This is a very bad film. After watching this I feel like I just voted for president: I need a drink and a shower, and a quiet place to collect my thoughts. The dialogue is particularly lousy. It sounds like the director just watched a bunch of Dukes of Hazzard, Dumbo, Sweet Sweet back's Badaassss Song and The Pink Panther and just picked accents from them. The acting is so bad it's not even funny. Roland Emmerich is a Cinema Genius compared to this. There are scenes that seriously look like they could've been lifted off the cutting room floor of "Guiding Light". There was obviously no money spent on period correct, well anything, and the whole thing is just disjointed and painful to sit through. I felt like turning it off after the 2nd or 3rd line of Dialogue. This is coming from a person that has watched "PCU" so many times, I can recite the lines from memory, so I know lousy dialogue. Armand Assante looks like he just got back from a bender at Cannes, and forgot to change into costume.
"Heaven is what you make it" is seriously one of the lines in the film. Here's another jewel:
"Umm your honor? We could just start bustin some heads and fix this real fast"
This from an actor that looks like a bad Adam Sandler impersonator.
Very very bad movie.
½ July 19, 2009
I like a good revenge flick ... and I like a good Western movie ... and that is about the extent of the good things I can say about this movie.
½ July 15, 2009
weak! good concept. weak acting poor execution.
½ June 27, 2009
I loved this movie in the tradition of Clint Eastwood.Great acting,plot.was glued to TV.
½ June 9, 2009
You know one of those movies that makes you angry and no matter who dies to pay for what you see, still doesn't make a difference. Good movie, but I'm still angry at some guy from the film.
May 1, 2009
Eric Braeden or "Victor" of "The Young and the Restless" fame stars in this steaming straight-to-DVD turd of a film. I hold the totally unreasonable position that a returning Confederate war hero should actually speak with a Southern accent. Call me crazy. Billy Zane, James Patrick Stuart, and George Kennedy manage to salvage performances that are at least watchable. Like there's any point to this, but oh what the hell. Reese Paxton (Eric Braeden) is a returning Confederate war hero who operated as an an assassin behind enemy lines (kind of like a Delta Force soldier with a musket); he settles into his role as a labor supervisor on the Duke Family Plantation. He is soon fired following a confrontation with Billy Duke (Stuart) after one of the plantations workers is whipped by Duke for refusing to return to work (as horrible as this is, the scene where the field hand is whipped is actually laughable because of the piss poor script and the even worse acting). The labor dispute escalates resulting in a full blown strike. Duke lynches a rebellious field hand with help of some of the town's luminaries. He successfully frames Paxton in a kangaroo court with his father as the presiding judge. On his way to prison, Paxton witness the rape and murder of his wife and child by Duke and associates. Paxton escapes prison and comes back to the town to exact his revenge. He hides in the bed chambers of one of the local ladies of the night (Jennifer O'Dell) and our geriatric hero then deals death and vengeance to those who hath wronged him. His fantasized love scene with O'Dell's character has a very creepy Anna Nicole/J. Howard Marshall vibe to it. Braeden is 15 years too old to be playing an action hero but I guess made some cash off of his fanatical cult of YnR devotees.
April 27, 2009
If I were to ignore the terrible production quality paired with bad acting, this movie would be okay.
½ April 26, 2009
Something you would see on Sky TV very lame.