Easy Virtue - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Easy Virtue Reviews

February 11, 2013
Jessica Biel appears in the middle of an English period piece and this what happens..nothing much of anything. Biel unfortunately does not have the depth or range as a actor to match wits with Firth, Thomas etc. which makes them and us utterly bored.
February 6, 2013
Though I adore Colin Firth in this film and in everything, the entire film is a failed attempt to get viewers to care about a story that is, in truth, rather lacking.
January 31, 2013
Enjoyable film. Love the character of Jim. The tango scene is very sexy. But, the dog segment, which I think is supposed to be funny, really doesn't cut it. Kristin Scott Thomas' role is just a bit too evil, but maybe it was written that way. I loved the movie, but something just didn't gel.
January 31, 2013
love the look and the music, but i found it uninteresting
½ January 30, 2013
Spotty but enjoyable.
January 29, 2013
moze.muuuzika pre svega
½ January 26, 2013
I loved this, but I am a sucker for both Jessica and period movies....
½ January 24, 2013
Loveable and enjoyable. realistic ending, too.
½ January 20, 2013
Liked it, what can I call it, this movie is basicly Meet the Parents in british and in the chick flick way. First of all this movie has a great cast, Jessica Biel, Ben Barnes from Narnia, Colin Firth and Kristin Scott Thomas. This movie had a clever story and a nice ending from my point of view. Larita Huntington (Jessica Biel) is an ameircan woman who has just recently got married to Jonh Whittaker (Ben Barnes), who's a british guy (Sow, just a thing, the things about the movie that I've just wroted in there were all showed in the movie in a kind of musical, for make the beginning of the story being a bit faster, wich I didn't thought it was a bad idea, that idea, maked the movie have a bit more of time to it's development and beginning). Both of them are now going to Jonh's parents house, wich is huge, Jonh? parents are Veronica Whittaker (Kristen Scottt Thomas) and Colonel Jim Whittaker (Colin Firth). Everything might look okay, but there's now a battle between daughter-in-law and in-law, or in a simplified way, british vs. american. Sow, everything was okay about this movie from my point of view, but not including Firth's role, wich was okay, but it was a very small role, Colin Firth appeard in this movie for not too long. Sow, if you watch this movie, you will watch an afeminated version of Meet the Parents, this movie is not better than Meet the Parents, but I don't consider it bad it all, it's funny, it's clever, it's entertaining, it has a great cast and it just works. Recommended movie. Grade: B-.
January 7, 2013
I saw the trailer for this a few months ago, and it looks very fun and entertaining.
January 5, 2013
No redeeming features - even Colin Firth is awful in it.
December 28, 2012
Ahhh, Colin Firth, so... ! Why!? Loved their dance together!
½ December 16, 2012
colin firth was great
December 10, 2012
An easy romp made more enjoyable by Colin Firth and Kris Marshall. One more thing: I just loved the jazz version of Billy Ocean's "When the going gets tough"!
November 11, 2012
Not in the least interested in any other reviewer's opinion - this was pure delight in the Coward tradition. Hedonism, conservatively done... still just as hedonistic as ever. All round fun, and surprising performance from Jessica Biel. Scott-Thomas and Firth are delightful.
September 29, 2012
Jessica Biel is WICKEDLY FUNNY !!
½ September 20, 2012
Just stumbled upon this on Showtime On Demand. It had the quirky English comedy that I enjoy. Enjoyed the story and how everything played out. Surprised that I really liked Jessica Biel.
½ August 25, 2012
Um bom elenco infelizmente preso a um p├ęssimo filme sem enredo.
August 24, 2012
Jessica Biel is fabulous in this movie...bit slow though.
½ August 6, 2012
One star for Colin , but hopefully soon forgotten movie......