CÚline - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

CÚline Reviews

September 4, 2012
Great movie to watch even though some parts are not very acurate .
April 11, 2012
Did see the movie on the picture from yes , but that's a movie from 2008 !
Wrong Lyrics or wrong Picture !!
February 19, 2011
Not a good movie, but still an interesting experience for a fan. Too many erroneous details + the timeline of events was way off.
½ January 3, 2011
I should like it a lot because of Celine, but the show was not 100% based on true story, only 50% of it. Not well acted.
½ November 29, 2010
A very nice and emotional film with great performances, excellent cinematography and a nice music score by Georges Delerue. Definately should be seen if you can find it, you won't regret it.
August 30, 2010
Entertaining TV movie with some cute and enjoyable moments.
½ May 2, 2010
there are some mistakes, obviously its an unauthorized biopic.
January 14, 2010
Entertaining TV movie with some cute and enjoyable moments.
Harlequin68
½ December 14, 2009
In "Celine," Genevieve(Lisa Heredia) is a divorced visiting nurse with a weak heart who comes across Celine(Isabelle Pasco) sobbing inconsolably in the street after her stepfather died in her arms and she was dumped by her boyfriend Olivier(Francois Rauscher). Genevieve does the right thing by driving her home but her obligation does not end there because she also has to rescue Celine after she attempts suicide by taking sleeping pills and diving in a pond. Genevieve ends up making a deal with Celine's stepmother(Daniele Lebrun) to look after her in return for a temporary base of operations at her country home. But Celine has to do her share of the work...

"Celine" is a thought provoking movie about the relationship between two women that turns out to be a pleasant surprise in being more about class differences than sex, illustrated in how some people have to work so hard for what little they have while others have it handed to them. Take Celine, for example. She was adopted by a wealthy couple shortly after her mother died in childbirth. On the other hand, Genevieve has built a successful practice with hard work, even with a serious health condition that might have sidelined anyone else and tries to get Celine to adopt her work ethic. At least, yoga comes easily to her. As the movie takes an unusual turn in its second half, a most extreme example presents itself.
September 17, 2009
My number one movie!! Im a huge fan of celine dion and even if the movie was historically incorrect, I enjoyed it immensely
September 6, 2009
It did not reflect exactly the life of Celine Dion but the music was perfect.
½ August 9, 2009
kinda of hideous but also kinda of good in a very very cheesy way but i didnt learn a thing
July 23, 2009
Hi, I always being a Celine Dion fan so watching this movie was interesting to watch to see her overcome a lot in her life too. Celine didn't give her blessing to make this movie possible but it still was interesting to watch it either way. If you a Celine Dion fan you probably like it anyway to see her life. All in all its was a good movie to watch and see how Celine became so popular to this day.
April 4, 2009
Pretty good TV movie.
½ March 24, 2009
you need to See the movie just because it was on Celine's life.
Facts not so accurate, but the movie is nice, And they really tried.
I hope the next time, that Celine will be part of film production and it would be more realistic and fun to watch.
March 6, 2009
Excellent must see of her life story :)
November 8, 2008
8.9from my best source...holy @#$%! i was speechful! what beautiful story of struggling against all odds and succeeding in the end. Written well. GOOD actors and extras. Especially that photographer in the middle of the opening scene...looks just like me....hair perfection!!!Anyone who isnt interested in seeing this must also frequently punch themselves in the face. Honestly!,this is one of those movies you might think you wouldn't enjoy, but avoiding it and seeing it later makes you regret your preconceived notions and want to slapp your own face...but that wont work ...try the "Secret2007" positive reinforcement doesn't hurt. What incredible music from true love and hard times. Oh snap! Imagine "Titanic" without Celine!? kept the titanic afloat mind and vocal powers. Her and Chris Angel should do a gig together and make the negative bad attitudes disappear...........OhhhhObama!!!!!!! Now that's Majic!!!!!!!
October 13, 2008
This movie has a strong inspiration messages to me that love makes no different.
And I'm happy to say that this movie is very interesting as it has happy ending.
October 9, 2008
Very disappointing, but still watchable. If I wasn't such a big fan of Celine , I probably wouldn't have critisized it so much....
½ September 29, 2008
Absolutely a waste of time to watch and a waste of money to buy on DVD (which I did both).