Dance of the Dead - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Dance of the Dead Reviews

½ July 21, 2017
High school graduation and zombies, yay. These are the quick zombies if one cares about that differentiation. And excepting one zpmbie make-out session that's gonna need more ketchup there's little here that hasn't been done elsewhere and much better. And that is that. Save it for later if you must.
½ May 23, 2017
Really good, funny, zombie flick. This is the kind of movie you can watch with friends and make a party of it.
½ January 3, 2017
Probably the only Ghosthouse Underground entry to feature humor, this is an odd entry. It's not awful, like most of the GH flicks, but not one of the few good ones either- it just kind of 'is.' It's a fun independent, but nothing really new in any way. Effects are fine, the cast is good, but. Nothing that really makes it stand out or memorable.
May 31, 2016
Rather well made... for a home amateur movie. but that's it for all its rubbishness.

zombies come out from grave and a bunch of kids survive.

thats all.
April 30, 2016
Tries hard but ultimately fails to bring anything new to the genre.
½ October 2, 2015
Cool Zombie movie with some very lovely killings , special but good job ! SOMDVD
September 4, 2015
Better than I expected for a film being shown on The Horror Channel, it's very much like Return of the Living Dead, similar plot and the fact that it has similar humour.
July 20, 2015
This is one of the greatest zombie flicks I've ever seen!
½ January 16, 2015
When I discovered that the "zombies" in this film stopped to the sound of rock and roll (the devil's music), I laughed hysterically. However, Dance of the Dead is a mesh of generic horror plots and decent unknown acting. I enjoyed the crazy mohawk guys performance to be specific. Overall, not the best but it has it's moments humor wise.
½ August 16, 2014
A clunky, low-budget zombie send-up
July 1, 2014
As a college educated scholar--I am well versed in all things literature, cinema and art. What I do know is--this is a rare gem one skips over at first glance. However, with a second look one can see the shine of said precious gem. The acting is beyond superb (case in point without ruining the plot: when the two zombie lovers share a special moment in the bathroom. And the Sci Fi club bond with the prom queen over seeing a possible UFO.) I only wish all my friends and all my family could witness this art piece...the art piece that is Dance of the Dead
April 21, 2014
After years of watching good-hearted yet quirky teen prom movies and cheesy yet self-aware zombie movies separately, Dance of the Dead is the one that finally stitches the two together.

Works because even given the budget it takes both aspects seriously without diluting either.

Despite, maybe even because of the well filmed action scenes, the story remains as sweet as the bright red corn syrup blood that so often fills the screen.
½ December 20, 2013
More of a cheesy high school drama than a zombie flick. Definitely not B-movie zombie fun.
August 24, 2013
The bottom line is that this movie is not only fun to watch, you can tell everyone involved must have had a blast making it. There are few movies in any genre that feel like labors of love from beginning to end, but Dance of the Dead is definitely one of those rare gems.
August 7, 2013
It's not quite Romero zombieness in terms of its story, but the make-up and gore are good enough to impress.
½ July 22, 2013
If you love zombie movies, teen comedies or just guilty pleasure films, then Dance of The Dead is a must see.
July 12, 2013
This movie is fantastic with some great gore and humour
½ May 28, 2013
A great fun take on the well worn Zombie movie with some fun characters, great gory moments & some genuinely laugh-out-loud lines. A story of a chemical plant that appears to be causing the residents of a nearby cemetery to rise again - all on the night of the school prom. The absolute most is done with the low budget to sneak in some great splatter moments & the acting is great throughout with all involved really hamming it up when needed. Mindless, stupid and lots of fun.
½ May 16, 2013
Love it! Sixteen Candles meets Night of The Living Dead!