Blackout - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Blackout Reviews

January 20, 2015
Interesante premisa y desarrollo, pero previsible a media pelicula se sabia quien era el villano. No estuvo mal.
June 21, 2014
Don't know what to say, it was gripping but also was a bit boring. Maybe the flashback and trying to blend in the suspense wasn't really mixing too well.
½ February 22, 2014
a 2 jump horror thriller
½ January 18, 2014
Wonderful, tense drama of three strangers stuck in an elevator, where one is a psychotic killer. The acting is superb, and the tensions run high. Excellent movie using flashbacks to tell the story of each character leading up to being stuck in the elevator. Great characters.
October 21, 2013
Nothing special or scary about this movie....
September 30, 2013
Just an empty shell of a movie.......a little movie that wished it were more.
½ September 16, 2013
Much better "trapped in an elevator" movie than Devil. Amber Tamblyn does a great job as the lead.
½ April 24, 2013
watchable..but not that much horror
½ March 19, 2013
Almost the same as Devil, so just for that, it fails. It was just a bit more fucked up in some places... that guy, wtf. He cuts up this woman in a pretty pattern, rubs salt on himself and fucks her paralysed body. Whoever thought of that was just plain fucked in the head.

But other than finding out how each person is messed up, I was pretty much bored.
½ February 20, 2013
5.5/10 Devil was better I recently watched it to remind myself of which one would be better even though the killer in here had me in surprise mode okay movie is what I would describe it as
½ February 5, 2013
This film is a blackout.
½ January 8, 2013
thought this film was crap and I will not watch it again, I didn't like this film, I thought the film would be better than this, it starred Aidan Gillen, Amber Tamblyn and Armie Hammer, it was ok but could have been better
October 13, 2012
A decent little thriller, Black Out concerns a trio of individuals who are stuck in an elevator. Of course, one of them is a serial killer who brutally slaughters young women. Well-acted and somewhat stylish, Black-Out is competently made but just doesn't quite deliver on the tension needed to really sustain such a film.
October 12, 2012
i just wanna know what happen next inside the lift, what they did, and what is the flashback , but i found it disappointing to see the ending was not climax. i wish Armie's girlfriend found out what is the truth.... it seems not fair....
sometimes life is never fair.
the plot was so slow,.. it could be more interesting actually
½ August 5, 2012
a REALLY BAD MOVIE!!!
May 8, 2012
Way better than Devil
½ February 16, 2012
Thursday, February 16, 2012

(2007) Black Out
THRILLER/ HORROR

Saw "Black Out" as two words and not as one word which is a straight-to-rental thriller flick centering on three people stuck in an elevator, showcasing flashbacks about each persons purpose about why it's important for them not to get stuck there too long, except that one of them may be a demented psychopath! Good idea but there were times that the film felt that it had to waste viewers time by showing meaningless jibberish since it had to be a two hour film. Like it was originally a short story stretched into a very long film.

2 out of 4
December 31, 2011
How bad did M. Night Shamyalan's 'Devil' rip this one off?? Not a perfect movie by any means, but I thought this was a pretty effective and suspenseful film.

Goes out of its way to develop the characters, which is something that most thriller/horror movies avoid like the plague. Pretty mundane scenery is elevated by good use of lighting and camera angles. The story becomes a little static at times, but it is broken up by alot of flashbacks.

Pacing becomes a problem as the first hour or so is built up very slowly, and then it plunges into complete craziness. I guess I fail to see how being trapped in an elevator for 30 hours is long enough to make everyone revert to their baser and primal instincts. Its obvious who the killer is from the get go, and there are no other major curve balls the film has to offer.

Despite this, it still manages to be a pretty decent thriller. Just don't go into it expecting too much.
December 19, 2011
i could not have summed this up any better. 3 people from different walks of life trapped in an elevator. Yea, it was kind of boring...but, unique in many ways. The acting was phenomenal...especially Aiden Gillen. As a psychopath doctor...bang up job! What set this movie apart though was the unique camera angles - both inside AND outside the elevator. Talk about multi-angle in the best sense. The plot itself isn't unique or anything..not "Scary" either. But, it does make ya wonder what would happen if 3 totally different people like that got trapped together, what would happen. Not much to say about the acting except for Aiden as mentioned. Totally predictable though, and not the thriller of the year - but, worth watching if you're up for anything based on a book!