Fetching Cody - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Fetching Cody Reviews

September 28, 2018
Great film, give it a chance.
May 23, 2017
Ungainly mix of gritty street-life drama, perky teen romance and seriocomic sci-fi time-tripping that never comes close to jelling.
October 16, 2014
Not entirely sure what I just watched. #netflixsuggested
½ August 29, 2014
A surprisingly entertaining film, Fetching Cody falls apart at the hands poor writing. It is a film overly reminiscent of the movie "The Butterfly Effect," an attribute that causes any hope for originality for this film to diminish. It's only saving grace is how lovable its characters are and a decent soundtrack.
September 11, 2013
Amazing movie that anyone interested din time travel should watch. Fun, unexpected, and thought provoking.
July 18, 2013
Same premise as The Butterfly Effect, with near the same ending. Not as memorable, but still enjoyable
April 24, 2012
well done film about how our choices create our world and the impact we have, even when we're not aware and the power of putting someone else's happiness and well being ahead of our own. Very well acted with some great subtle moments of humor. There are some inconsistencies and coincidences that are a bit tough to swallow, but they further the story so they're worth overlooking.
January 4, 2012
This movie has a ton of flaws. It's full of bad acting. The writing is at times awful. The dialogue is even worse. But it has character. It's not necessarily a unique story...many films have featured characters who travel back in time to try and change something (Butterfly Effect, Back to the Future, Groundhog Day, Time Traveler's Wife, etc, etc). Well I actually thought more highly of it when I didn't think about just how many movies like it there were.

Regardless, it's art. It's someone telling a story and someone putting it to film on a shoestring budget. Baruchel (Art) is Sarah Lind's boyfriend. Upon finding her in a coma, he begins using a magic recliner to go back in time and try to save her. It's not as easy as it seems. Whereas most of these movies rightfully show how only little change can lead to huge changes in the future, Art simply cannot find the event that he can change to save his girl.

Obviously, this is just stupid. Any one of those changes would have led to drastic changes in the present. That's lazy writing. But it's half acceptable because the writers had a bigger point to make, and that was just how far Art would go to save her. Would he give up everything, including ever being in her life to save her? Well, 87 minutes in length, it won't kill you to watch and find out.
November 26, 2011
expectations were low, but it was a sort of cute story and progressed from laughable to endearing. great shots of vancouver. pretty sure no one should ever be named "cody".
August 15, 2011
It was a so true love
August 10, 2011
this movie is good. i have no reason why it has 1 star.
½ June 27, 2011
Odd, it's been well over two years since the first time I saw this and about a year since my last watch, but it's with me. Great movie.
June 24, 2011
Shocked to see that it was given some bad reviews. This movie is very unique in its own way. Showing us that the things we do in our life can effect others even if we were to go back in time to change what we thought we were trying to fix.
½ April 7, 2011
Pas mal.
√a m'a un petit peu rappel√ (C) "L'Effet Papillon".
March 7, 2011
One of the many films I've reviewed in the past that got deleted by flixster. This film is a nice little indie gem worth checking out for everyone.
March 6, 2011
Much better than expected. I liked it a lot. The story is cute and romantic ... funny at times.
March 1, 2011
For such a low budget film it actually wasn't bad.
February 22, 2011
Amazing !! Jay Made Me Cry My Eyes Out. He Never Disapoints Me.
½ February 19, 2011
Despite the bad awful scene portraying social workers the movie was unique and outlined a wonderful storyline. Kind of like the Butterfly Affect.
December 30, 2010
upside version of "Sunshine State of Mind " but ok, wanted to see Jay take it deeper