The American Ruling Class - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

The American Ruling Class Reviews

September 21, 2007
Very good material for teaching sociology of class and inequality.
September 6, 2007
Absolutely Excellent.
August 25, 2007
smart, great cameos, troubling.
½ August 12, 2007
entertaining, truthful, and thought provocative
August 5, 2007
Interesting semi-fictional musical documentary. Made me want to sell out my ideals and join an multinational consulting firm, which is precisely the opposite of its intention. A bit earnest, but overall an entertaining, illuminating and innovative work.
July 24, 2007
Informative yet light. It is *not* a true documentary, however, more a musical mock-umentary with real information. I enjoyed it though.
June 28, 2007
Great film that brings to the forefront the reality of the American class system. Its disturbing and insightful at the same time.
June 19, 2007
Nothing special, but still worth a watch.
June 12, 2007
What can one say about this movie? It's a mild mix between a musical and documentary. But it's not really either. The closest relation I can find to this movie are the documentaries made by Micheal Moore.

However let's get this straight, this movie is by no means a "classical" documentary. A better term to use would probably be molded documentary style storytelling. The movie is in the documentary tradition, however, the main characters are played by actors that interact in a landscape where some are aware of their role (other actors) and others are completly oblivious.

This really belongs in a genre all its own. If a more refined movie of this type was created, a filmmaker could easily create a believable and satisfying piece of cinema.
½ June 10, 2007
Lewis Lapham Rocks-you should all see this Doc.
½ May 30, 2007
Just kind of rambled on aimlessly...