100 Tears - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

100 Tears Reviews

½ March 10, 2011
An all out, balls to the wall, gore filled movie. If it's a good plot and an interesting storyline that you're after, then steer clear of this movie. However, if it's just a straight up bloodfest you want, then this is the perfect movie for you.
½ September 16, 2010
Bad Acting, B-Movie, BUT Good Kill Scenes and it made me chuckle.
½ April 28, 2010
A+ on the gore but meh F the rest.
April 21, 2010
Gruesome independent slasher clown movie...really gory...
½ March 7, 2010
This started well and slowly became a gore bore. Whilst its nice to see a movie not afraid to splash the red stuff it all becomes tired very quickly, you've seen one decapitation you've seen them all. The magazine guys investigating the murders are likeable for awhile and then you realise tubby guy actually believes he's a bit of an action stud...errr, no! Come the climax when Raine Brown's character is slashing the lead female with a cut-throat razor one is reminded of a FAR better movie, the original Texas Chainsaw, also a low budget flick. Perhaps Marcus Koch could sit down and watch that and get that whilst sometimes the admittedly well-handled gore is great that sometimes less is more also.
½ February 16, 2010
Concider the fact this was a very low bugget movie.Its not a bad story and you cant get enough blood and guts anywhere elese.
½ February 9, 2010
It basically took on the slasher film mold and filled it up with an unoriginal, uninspired plot, a terrible script and terrible acting. I have a hard time believing it even aspired to be scary; its focus was solely on gore, and unrealistic gore at that
February 3, 2010
A psychotic clown named Gurdy (aka "The Teardrop Killer") is hacking people into bloody kibbles n' bits and it's up to two tabloid reporters to crack the case that spans as long as two decades.
When we're focused on Gurdy's rampage, this film is simply magic. Stylish, brutal and astonishing in it's abililty to deliver buckets upon bathtubs of quality gore.
In fact, the wholesale slaughter scenes are so breathlessly entertaining, the moment the film shifts to our daring duo's "sleuthing", the pace stumbles some.
Thankfully, these moments are rare (Koch knows why we watch films like this and it ain't for the dialogue) and serve like a brief opportunity to mop the blood off your TV before the next meatcleaver massacre set piece.
A must for slasher fans and gore-fiends.
May 4, 2009
This is a seriously B-rated independent film, but my friend Tim O'Hearn is in it (he's the guy that gets his legs cut off by the killer clown) so its a fav!

This is a seriously B-Rated movie but my friend Tim O'Hearn is in it so its a fav!
April 11, 2009
Ugh. This is not very good... at all. And I was pretty open-minded going into it too. There are some things that you cannot use "independent film/low budget" as an excuse for. For example, a low budget is not an excuse for terrible acting and unconvincing dialogue. This film is just... altogether... bad. Its only redeeming factors are that it spooked me twice and the clown was given a not altogether terrible back story... when they finally got around to discovering the back story. Doesn't explain why he's slaughtering every human in sight but what will you. Overall, put it this way. I am terrified of clowns... and this film did not terrify me.
½ March 25, 2009
Awesome killer clown gorefest. But for God's sake don't watch it for the plot or your head will explode. It doesn't make a lick of sense.
½ March 21, 2009
The acting was actually really good for an independent film. The gore was great too. However, the thing that kept me from really enjoying 100 Tears was the plot/storytelling.

The film couldn't seem to make up it's mind if it was a psychological thriller or a horror movie about a killer clown. Plus the main plot device of the film is the town's cops are stupid and can't put the clues of: grease paint, tear drop, and an eyewitness account of "a clown was killing everyone" together and come up with Fair! The stupid cop ploy is a pet peeve of mine, and independent or big budget Hollywood, if you can't come up with something better then that, you should probably just forget the whole thing.

If you're not a big fan of horror films then you probably don't want to spend your time with this one. If you are a fan and am not as picky as I am, or have a general love of independent films then I wouldn't hesitate to recommend this to you. For me though it just didn't do it.
March 19, 2009
WOW!! A nasty clown, gore and Raine Brown what more could you ask for? This is one seriously gruesome film. You get to see Gurdy (the clown) go on the rampage with his over-sized meat cleaver Slaughtering what must be fifty plus people? You get everything ranging from fist fights and gun play to swift decapitations and long drawn-out torture sequences. Amidst all the carnage you have the story of two tabloid reporters hot on the trail of Gurdy. Uncovering clues and interacting with carnie folk. One encounter leads to a hilarious chase scene. The real stand out in this film is Raine Brown. She is totally wild as Christine. She also has the most unforgettable scene in the movie. I will never forget the sight of her strangling a poor chap with his own intestines. Mental! A must see film for gore hounds.
March 8, 2009
This movie is awesome. I love the scene where Kibwe Dorsey is fighting the clown. Its a must see.
½ December 21, 2008
A psycho killer clown killer people with a giant meat clever. The only good thing about it is the gore other than that it sucks. No story at all.
½ December 14, 2008
100 Tears is the story of two tabloid reporters, Mark (Joe Davison, who's also the writer of this excellent film) and Jennifer (Georgia Chris), who are both ready to take a leap into more credible journalism by exploring serial killers, namely their notorious hometown one, The Teardrop Killer, who is an unrelenting force of pure brutality and fear. The Teardrop Killer dresses up like a clown and tears people the living fuck apart with a massive meat cleaver. As Mark and Jennifer delve further and further into the Teardrop Killer mystery and learn more and more about his checkered past, it brings them closer to the killer; much closer than I'm sure they ever wanted to be. While the film may boast some not too good acting, it makes up for it in a sheer onslaught of dozens of murders, as well as buckets of blood, gore, and loose body parts. The story itself is a breath of fresh air, adding uniqueness and originality to the slasher and killer clown sub-genres respectively. My only beef may be the inclusion of Raine Brown, whose character really annoyed me throughout this movie, and only provided minimal intrigue to the already great storyline. I have to say that I really enjoyed Davison and Chris's characters, who worked together well to form a unique bond with one another and to add a little bit of originality to the odd couple formula. This film also boasts one of the funniest scenes ever where the couple spend a couple of minutes trying to chase a small dwarf. Very fucking funny. Overall, this movie was fantastic. I'm happy to have finally seen it.
December 10, 2008
Those with Coulrophobia ( exaggerated fear of clowns ) need not to watch this film. 100 Tears is the story of two reporters, Mark ( Joe Davison ) and Jennifer (Georgia Chris), That are hell bent on finding a story that will take them to the big time. Their journey leads them straight into the path of the gruesome murders of The Teardrop Killer. While investigating the crime scenes and pretty much doing the Detective's jobs, they uncover that the killings are connected to Gurdy ( a once harmless carnival clown turned psychopath )

There is no clowning around in this film. 100 Tears is a non-stop in your face gore fest extravaganza. The killing starts at the beginning and doesn't let you take a breath until the end. Marcus Koch (Director and the blood, sweat and tears of Oddtopsy FX) did an incredible job of keeping on course with the plot and still maintaining a bloodbath at ever turn. The thing that most horror films can't do today. In my opinion horror films today either bore you with to much dialogue or have a plotless film with a bunch of meaningless killing in it. I was impressed to see that Koch was able to find a happy medium between the two.

The second thing that stuck out in the film was the chemistry between Mark and Jennifer. Their characters continue to grow throughout the film. Davison was funny and sarcastic and Brown was witty and sincere. While only partners in the film, you definitely get the since that they strongly care for each other ( Mark a little more than Jennifer).

The other characters were just as energetic, but I felt that there needed to be a little more explanation of the other carnie's role in the story. The film gave an outline back story but you can tell there was more participation from the rest of the carnival in what was happening. I guess for a full explanation, we can only hope for a sequel.

With all of that and a killer soundtrack that only excites and intensifies the film.
100 Tears exceeds your normal indie horror and competes with the big boys. I know this will not be the last we hear from Koch and Davison. If you did not get to see this in theaters or festivals earlier this year you will still get your chance. 100 Tears is being distributed SJW and Grindstone Entertainment. The 100 Tears DVD is due out nationwide by the end of this year and I am hoping to see some outtakes and behind the scenes footage in the home video release.

All in all, 100 Tears is a big top blood splattering attraction. Gurdy with his gigantic meat clever makes Pennywise look as harmless as Bozo the Clown. I highly recommend this film and I am glad to see a Killer Clown back in the spotlight once again.
½ December 6, 2008
Incredible slasher flick! Tons of gore, blood, violence...a must for all fans of the genre!!