Vacancy 2: The First Cut - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Vacancy 2: The First Cut Reviews

½ April 7, 2015
They should have stopped at the first.
January 2, 2015
The first movie was alot better and Kate Beckinsale starred in that one along with Luke Wilson. This movie didn't have any scary feeling almost but more killings. The killers werent the brightest either with not the best script aswell. Anyway its watchable but don't expect to much.
November 11, 2014
Why so much hate? I think it's a very worthy sequel/Prequel! Gives a great backstory and honestly the female lead is pretty badass in this one! Great film!
½ October 27, 2014
Discovering the origins was tantalizing! But it took a free fall into "been there done that" territory soon after!
October 15, 2014
An interesting origin story, but an unnecessary one, and an unwanted one at that.
½ January 4, 2014
This isn't too bad, I thought it was going to be quite forceful like all sequel but it turned out to be quite a new story turn sour.
½ October 24, 2013
These direct to dvd films are putting the big budget films to shame .
½ September 18, 2013
ahh... a prequel to explain how it all got started - not that anyone was asking! This one is pretty bad, filmed in an extremely dark light, and pretty far off from the set up of the other. Instead of the terror of being trapped in a creepy hotel room, this film has lots of running and chasing and hiding and returning in the woods in the dead of night. The hotel quickly becomes lost in the "plot". I think we need a prequel to this prequel to really explain how films like this get green lighted!
½ June 10, 2013
A sufficient prequel with an enough direction and acting to make you say 'nice' and 'okay'...
December 11, 2012
I seen it twice its good
December 9, 2012
A good B movie. Especially if you saw the first one
½ November 22, 2012
Better than the first one
Good quality
Don't even need to watch the first one, just go ahead and watch this one
½ October 12, 2012
i really hate the 1st one , why they make sequel
½ September 30, 2012
avoid this one and watch the well made original.
September 6, 2012
the suspend story makes me sick. why that killer not just died, but alive. is in vacancy 3 the enemy would be him again? i thought thats not a good idea. and the watchers will be boring, especially for me.
why in the thriller muvi like this, there's always 1 person who alive? heheh LOL. i can't complain here, but... i think u know what i mean.
that's all.
½ August 20, 2012
Better then part 1 "that's rare"!Turned out to be way better then i expected!
½ June 14, 2012
not really like the orignal film but i liked the idea of going back and seeing how it might have started. David Moscow's performance was pretty good. it's not an amzing film but it's okay.
June 14, 2012
Vacancy should have ended after the first one... The first half of this movie was ok and it was intense and building up a story. but after the half way mark where they begin dying it just got boring, and the fact the girl actually managed to get away was stupid. This movie should have been darker and grittier but it went for a soft predictable ending. The Bad people in this went from tough to weak, First half of the movie they're tough as hell, 2nd half they aren't..
not realistic at all..... , and the death scenes weren't creative they were just bland and dull....
Horrors are supposed to scare you, and make you cringe... This did none of them.
June 2, 2012
3.9- It was not your typical DTV horror movie, villain was truly evil, and it had some good terror and suspence. However, I would have liked the scene with the taped couple at the beginning to be more explicit, maybe a bit more violence and gore, and wish some people had different fates. Buy it cheap, turn off the lights, and it will not disappoint.
April 22, 2012