The Children Reviews

• Aug 08, 2020

APALLING acting and script, but the picking off of the victims is VERY satisfying.

• Jan 10, 2020

Yes, children are creepy, and the woods are creepy, and hearing children's high=pitched screaming is unsettling, but you can't make that your whole movie without something more. The movie just felt incomplete.

• Dec 18, 2019

If you are okay with watching some kids and parents get slaughtered in this holiday classic you have come to the right film.

• Dec 23, 2018

A decent horror that doesn't break the mold but executes its plot nicely. The acting was very good as you really root for the protagonist (teen girl) and despise the rest. I'm generally not a fan of kids being killers because its so unrealistic imo, but again they were able to execute the premise nicely.

• Nov 28, 2018

Fergus Stapleton. Very good. Everything a low budget horror film should be. Good acting/script, creepy atmosphere, great set pieces and very unsettling. Two families meet in a remote almost snowbound house for a new years party .Theres evil lurking in the woods and soon enough the kids start acting up. Some tense and very effective scenes gradually lead to a good ending. Highly recommended.

• Sep 15, 2018

Absolutely diabolical. I see a lot of good reviews for it which basically all say "Duuuur it's got killer children in it...duuuur which are so creepy duuuur. Me like creepy children cos they're like children and for them to be creepy is just so creepy duuuuuuuuuur". Anyway in my opinion this is firstly not in the least bit scary or creepy which is what I would want in a 'horror' Secondly the premise is ridiculous and isn't able to allow you to suspend disbelief like a horror needs to do for you to actually accept this totally fictional turn of events is even possible. The absolute worst part is the fact that whilst it may be watchable, it is not possible to listen to the film without getting a headache fom the constant screaming, screeching, squealing, and shouting from everybody involved. I tend to stay quite pragmatic most of the time with films and avoid 'worst film ever' type remarks but I can honestly say this is one of the worst films I have ever seen and more importantly heard. In summary: The children are NOT creepy, the parents are morons, the premise is taking something from horror films and just saying "yeah whatever" on top of that premise and there is zero suspense or anything to think about. Just a load of shouting and screaming and a teenage girl dressed like a prostitute.

• Jul 12, 2018

Overall the movie was pretty well done. The child actors were fantastic. By the way it ended is figured there would have been another one. I did feel like it could have been more/better though. Still really good horror film.

• Feb 07, 2018

what can be done when a bacteria turns your children into murdering psychos?

what can be done when a bacteria turns your children into murdering psychos?

• Dec 13, 2017

Happy feel-good movie. I’m kidding.

Happy feel-good movie. I’m kidding.

• Dec 01, 2017

Very good movie. Effectively tense and unsettling in its moody buildup followed by disturbing and gruesome kills, this is a low-budget horror that will chill your spine.