War Child - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

War Child Reviews

July 3, 2010
A moving documentary that provides insight on the horrific problems in Sudan as told by a former child soldier, now music artist. Through old and new footage as well as his music, Emmanuel Jal recounts his story and his return home to see his family.
July 1, 2010
Good simple insight and overview into the political scene in Sudan. I love Emmanuel Jal, and it was wonderful to hear more of his story. Beautiful example of forgiveness & redemption.
½ June 21, 2010
Though Jal is a very meaningful person and his story is so thoughtful, the film stays as a too self-promotional sense, and I really want to "kill" that director who ruined the whole story, which sold his message of "US is everything"!!! > <"
½ June 21, 2010
A well-shot documentary, the editing is persecuted well.
A powerful movie and this is the first time i can get to know the first-person view from a former child soldier.

While watching the movie I didn't feel self-promotional at all, instead i was thinking how touching it is that he's willing to share his traumatic experience with us.
November 28, 2009
Very well documented! It's touching and moving. You will feel what it is like without peace and human rights! If you are a human, then you will definitely shed tears. Besides, his strong music tells stories of voiceless.
February 1, 2009
A very inspiring film that is also very well shot, it will keep you glued to the screen throughout. It gives a history of a conflict, but instead of faceless statistic, focuses on one young man's story, making it so much easier to relate to. War child is definitely worth seeing. Two thumbs up.
December 30, 2008
A moving and stirring documentary that sometimes feels too self-promotional, but a thoughtful story nonetheless.
½ December 7, 2008
Emmanuel Jal is great!
November 23, 2008
This was recommended by my friend who lives in south Sudan currently. Moving true story, well constructed (mixing Emmanuel Jal's music and war stories). Give you an insight about what's happening in Sudan.