Wonder Woman - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Wonder Woman Reviews

November 7, 2016
A faithful adaptation to the original comic book, and a great way to initiate Wonder Woman as a central character. The film takes on the gender issues and develops the characters of Wonder Woman and Steve Trevor, among others, very well. Although Ares as a main villain is quite one-dimensional and the final confrontation is rushed, it feels like we follow Diana's journey as an Amazonian princess to a worldly superheroine. With the upcoming live-action film on the way, we can hope that the film reflects the similar action, adventure, and the evolution of this classic heroine story.
½ September 17, 2016
Wonder Woman is honestly one of the best superheroines ever made, and she deserves her spotlight in this animated awesomeness.
August 15, 2016
I didn't think I would enjoy a "Women Superhero" flick but I was wrong, really enjoyed the movie. The movie tells us the origin of Wonder Women, the plot & animation are good, the pacing & the voice over excellent.
July 30, 2016
I LOVE THIS MOVIE! BETTER THAN MAN OF STEEL, BATMAN V SUPERMAN, AND EVERY OTHER LIVE ACTION DC COMICS MOVIE... BEST DC MOVIE MADE AS OF NOW IN MY OPINION!
STORY: AWESOME
MOVIE: AWESOME
BEST DC COMICS MOVIE and I absolutely can't wait for Gal Gadot's solo live action film! It's the only DC film I'm hugely anticipating!
July 18, 2016
Firstly this is a great film. The characterization of Wonder Woman is fabulously realised and I sincerely hope that the the live action producers checkout this super fun action-packed film.
July 7, 2016
Wonder Woman offers a vast and epic exploration on the Amazonian Princess. With sleek animation, vision and even a hint of humor, this DC animated feature is as tremendous as its leading heroine. 4/5
July 1, 2016
Another great entry in DC animation series.
Good voice cast and great animation.
½ May 12, 2016
Pretty decent introduction to DC's female counterpart to Superman as Aries, the god of war, plans some global thermonuclear annihilation in order to take over the reins on Mt.Olympus. More than simply a super reflection of the big guy however, Wonder Woman does boldly represent ideas of equality between the sexes, introducing the times when such introductions aren't necessary at all.
½ April 26, 2016
Somewhat interesting reboot of what was originally a WWII story.
½ April 4, 2016
Very cool flick well done.
Action packed. 4/4/16
½ March 27, 2016
Better than Batman v Superman!
March 26, 2016
Great retelling of Wonder Woman's origin with new twists and well thought out reasons of her mission mixed with fine performances. An honour to have watched this.
½ February 17, 2016
One of the best DCU Animated films...

...EVER!!!

This was really good and really entertaining. A modern take and a new spin on Diana's origin, her 1st mission is every bit as epic as it is thrilling. We start off with an introduction to the Amazons and Queen Hippolyta's war against Ares. We see Diana's "birth" and her origin as Wonder Woman. We also meet Col. Steve Trevor and his interaction with Diana is classic.

This is still a very tough and mature film. I don't recommend it for the 6 and below crowd, but it was cool none-the-less and I can't believe I waited this long to watch this.

#ItsAMansWorld!!!
December 9, 2015
I haven't felt so amazingly wonderful to be a women in a while... Loved this make of Wonder Woman!
???????
August 7, 2015
this was one amazing movie I loved it
½ July 23, 2015
Succeeds in a difficult mission; taking a character and concept that can easily be depicted as corny and outdated or a male fantasy and makes it seem fresh and relevant. It tackles the gender issues head-on with fantastic dialogue and great voice-acting. The only downside is that it's so short; the ending feels a little rushed and an extra half an hour could have nicely explored the relationships further.
July 23, 2015
It's sad the the studios don't want to take the risk to let a female lead in live action superhero films, because Wonder Woman shows how it can be done great. Even with the restrictions it has as a 75 minute direct to video feature, Wonder Woman's story, animation, action and especially the voice acting for Wonder Woman and Stever Trevoer is suberb.
July 13, 2015
This movie is legit. It's great to see a powerful heroine kicking butt, and I only hope her upcoming incarnation will be just as good.
½ July 12, 2015
As of 2009 Wonder Woman is the best animated DC film to date. We get the origin of Wonder Woman and so much more. We get depth and exploration of feminism through the eyes of a woman. Wonder Woman is a string female characters that brings a female perspective to the genre of super heroes.
April 2, 2015
Wonder Woman's solo outing is like all others under a similar format with the usual taste in action at a respective standard. It's also a typical DC Comics animated film, which is a good thing with the usual qualities that are general merits even when they're repeated; however the typicality is on the flawed pace of the storyline that'd brought in duds and unappealing violence while forgetting some elements. Going back to the film's merits, it'd communicated and done a focus on feminism, which was well put as this film was before the trend of strong female leads. (B+)

(Full review coming soon - with better wording probably)