The Taking of Pelham 1 2 3 Reviews

• 2d ago

4 bagger, I mean if you got Denzel and Travolta, can it be that bad? The problem is that the movie was a little too slick, but I really thought it was intense and entertaining. Travolta is unhinged again, and while it's not his best villain role, I felt like this is probably the last movie where you can tell he gave an effort. Also a great supporting case, with John Turturro, and Tony Soprano himself James Galdolfini (RIP!).

• Jun 21, 2020

Really effective remake, that ends up about as good as the original. The actors work extremely well off each other.

• Mar 22, 2020

entretenida palomera

entretenida palomera

• Jan 25, 2020

I enjoyed this crazy and hyperactive film with some really brutal scenes and a nice central plot that will sure keep you in the edge of your seat

• Dec 28, 2019

I didn't know this was a remake! It was ok. I hated the editing. The cast was good, but the characters, some of them anyway, weren't. Something just felt wrong, unnatural, not flowy, too frantic for its own good. Not convincing, and I didn't feel much. But a decent story, I was intrigued and stayed hooked till the end. But also it was so bad and dumb that I laughed throughout.

• Nov 24, 2019

"The Taking of Pelham 123" is a decent thriller, but it left me wanting more. The movie has a solid start and the premise is a simple but seemingly engaging one. As the movie progressed, I started to lose interest at times and thought the tone was somewhat conflicted. The camera work also didn't feel particularly consistent. I think the best parts of this movie are the performances of Denzel Washington and John Travolta. These clashing characters were entertaining to watch, even if Travolta's character is pretty over the top at times. As a whole, it was fine to watch one time, but there are certainly similar and better movies out there like this.

• Oct 31, 2019

The Taking of Pelham 123 is frequently tense and would have worked far better if not for its wonky direction and inconsistent script, but it still leaves plenty of room for its outstanding cast to breathe. Denzel Washington is typically impressive, but it's John Travolta's crazed performance that truly stands out.

• Oct 13, 2019

As long as there is action I don't mind sloppy cinematography and miscasting.

As long as there is action I don't mind sloppy cinematography and miscasting.

• Oct 02, 2019

I loved this movie. i think it was great. why is this movie so underrated??

I loved this movie. i think it was great. why is this movie so underrated??

• Sep 22, 2019

This movie felt like a remake that felt dated. I later found out it was a remake. Not horrible but still very predictable.