Weather Girl - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Weather Girl Reviews

½ October 23, 2013
Okay for a rental, but pretty predictable. Pretty much no name cast - Jon Cryer is in it for about five minutes. I didn't hate it, but watching it once was enough.
June 29, 2013
Very good. Very simple. Great performances.
May 25, 2013
as far as romantic comedies go, 'weather girl' is funny and well-written .. in a world filled with super high glossy rom-coms, it's refreshing to see a lighter indie side of the formula, and i thought in this case things worked out quite well ..
April 28, 2013
easy watching romantic comedy.. wished that there would be more action how the young guy conquers weather girls heart..
½ March 27, 2013
This is hilarious! 25%?? 39%??? C'mon! That was refreshing, entertaining, and funny. I loved it!
½ January 10, 2013
Didn't think I'd like this movie so much...
½ September 2, 2012
Lookin' for something so hilarious? This one would be so good!!!
½ August 31, 2012
A solid rom-com with more rom than com.
July 23, 2012
The plot is pretty much non-existent but is not the reason you'll be watching this one in the first place. It's short, cute and feel-good. Handles some real issues without getting too deep. I liked it, and that's all that matters
June 6, 2012
This movie has some rough edges, but I was charmed by the characters and I loved the non-tradition romance.
½ May 6, 2012
Way better than I thought it would be. Loved it.
May 6, 2012
i watched this whilst tucked up in bed on a rainy sunday,whilst channel hopping..not a fantastic movie,but was enjoyable anyway..
½ April 17, 2012
A good rom-com with actual comedy! A good cast & well shot (modern jerky camera action as seen in the likes of One Tree Hill, 90210 etc). The acting is superb & the comedy is well timed more reminiscent of a sit-com. The first part of the movie has a high pressure of brilliant sunshine entertainment & breezes by but the low pressure soon sets in in the second part of the movie with drizzle setting in with gale force winds blowing away any light entertainment & humorous moments with predictable wet spells! But there are some sunny spells in this period but don't last with the drizzle setting in again!
Sylvia is a Weathergirl on a Seattle morning show & has a melt down live on air after finding out her Anchorman boyfriend is cheating on her. She quites live on air & she ends up living with her brother where she is forced to re-evaluate her life.
April 2, 2012
I loved it from start to end !
March 1, 2012
Cute, but she is not a convincing 35 year old.
January 29, 2012
I didn't expect much from this movie. I recognize the leading female character and took a chance in Netflix. Surprisingly it was good. I have seen other movies with well known actors that are just boring and to cliche. The theme is almost predictable but the acting was very realistic and good.
½ January 1, 2012
Okay movie but lacked punch
½ January 1, 2012
I thought it was a cute movie with a good cast.
½ December 2, 2011
Felt more like it should have been a sitcom rather than a movie.
October 17, 2011
Another great little sleeper movie I just watched and I can't believe, I didn't find out about it sooner. I love this quirky indie style film with all these big Hollywood actors. The writing and directing were tight, don't listen to all the other critics on RT or IMDB, this movie is a rare gem. You will recognize a lot of the actors in this film from other things they have worked on. But you have never seen them in something quite like this. I hope Blaine Weaver does more movies, I wish I had another one of his movies to watch right now. Weaver is my new hero and I loved how he used Seattle, finally a movie about love, relationships, work, friends, family, that makes me wish that Hollywood and other indie films were done this well. I love John Waters, Kevin Smith, Hal Hartley, Christopher Guest, and now I have another new writer/director to add to my list. How you could put a bunch of my favorite actors in a film and make it so great is beyond me. Here's props to Tricia, Patrick, Ryan, Harmon, Kaitlin, Cryer, Jane, Blair, Enrico, Marin, Alex, Joe. And everyone else that is new to me in the film, you guys made me love this movie. MOVIE DICK OVER AND OUT