Splice Reviews

• Aug 07, 2019

The script was terrible. Each scene seemed to try to outdo the scene of the previous one with more idiocy. If you have nothing better to do or feel in the mood for a bad sci-fi horror flick to burn time this might do the trick.

• Jul 12, 2019

So. So. Bad. Unless you were hoping to make me laugh. Then it's a 10.

So. So. Bad. Unless you were hoping to make me laugh. Then it's a 10.

• Jun 12, 2019

For me, it was a rocky start but damn, did it deliver. Also, some really questionable scenes, like what the f***

• May 27, 2019

Fascinating film I wanted to see for 10 years, since it came out. Intriguing premise and very well developed, but with the old romantic age idea that science doesn't know everything, and that there are some ethical lines that humans just shouldn't cross.

• May 20, 2019

Weird freaky and original. It did put me off at times but in the end I'm giving it a marginal thumbs up

• May 11, 2019

Splice is nearly perfect. For 90% of it's running time it sticks to classic science fiction ideas. At least until the last 15 minutes it's very well done. The ending was so ridiculous. Whoever thought it was a smart ending is stupid. The ending just threw the audience under the bus.

• Apr 14, 2019

The main female actress in this movie was absolutely terrible. Probably the worst actress ive ever seen (other than Brie Larson). I would have given this 4 stars because it was a really cool movie with good cgi and a good story. However the Actress who plays Elsa is absolutely dreadful. I cant even begin to stress how horrible of a job she does.

• Dec 18, 2018

Ambitious and technically well-made, but falls short on the execution of its promising sci-fi premise.

• Nov 11, 2018

When they first started I was like literally, out loud "Oh Gawd!" ... then when they took it even further I was literally, "heheheheheeeee" laughing out loud. I've seen some f'd up shit but that scene definitely takes the case. P.S. it's total BS how Sarah Polley starts this shit, then goes completely wacko about it, yet Brody, the good scientist, gets killed and Sarah survives. Whatever...

• Aug 17, 2018

Premise, production, and cast all provided fertile ground for a good movie to be made. Instead, it's polluted by shoddy writing and the worst combination of pettiness and degeneracy since the Palace of Versailles, creating a malformed cripple that fails at being either a decent sci-fi or horror film. A rather apt comparison, considering the flatteringly average review by critics, who are all but defined by their cloistered, self-obsessed existence.